Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.Job Purpose
DBS is a leading regional bank, embracing innovation and digital technologies with a vision of Making Banking Joyful for our employees and our customers. We are underway with a Technology Transformation strategy, known as ‘Gandalf’, with clear vision to ‘Design for Modern Systems’ and ‘Automate Everything’, including to fully embrace both private and public cloud.
In 2018 we intend to accelerate our Public Cloud journey, already in place for a number of applications in production, to adopt AWS natively, with confidential data, and at scale.
A team has been created and is striving to deploy applications with confidential data and native services, and our target is to progressively enable more workloads with a scalable, automated, self-service approach. Key Accountabilities
Work in a small multi-functional team to facilitate Public Cloud adoption across the organization for all workloads. Partner with and assist all Technology teams.
The Cloud Platform Architect is expected to;Responsibilities with Architecture & Operations:
Responsibilities with Application Enablement:
- Owns the overall alignment to the technical blueprint and roadmap for the cloud platform
- Principally responsible for architecture and integration of the respective cloud engines
- Principal sign-off point for all detailed designs pertaining to the cloud engines and dependencies
- Mentorship and guidance to Architecture and Operations team
- Review and approve inbound pull requests for platform changes
- Review and determine root-causes for operational issues relating to the core platform, and propose additional platform features to remediate
- Receive and review feature requests for subsequent implementation
- Testing and "white-box" validation of security controls independent of the Security Architect
- Principal Engineer responsible for interfacing downstream and upstream Architecture and Operations, which includes Discovery/Review, Execution / Development, Coaching, Go-Live
- Provide principal review of the architecture of the LOBT application focusing on Availability, Durability, Scalability.
- Understand the requirements of the application as mapped against the technical blueprint and roadmap for the cloud platform, and raise features and manage prioritization as required
- Mentorship and guidance to LOBT application team on cloud engineering principals, native architectures, and AWS service considerations.
- Review and determine root-causes for applicational operational issues, and propose additional platform features to remediate
- Testing and "white-box" validation of specific application controls independent of the Security Architect
- Consult, design, and build the requisite CI/CD environment (shared or otherwise) to enable Continuous Delivery of the application