DBS Group Research comprises of the Economics/Strategy, Equity and Credit research teams. Our Economics team consists of Economists covering currencies, interest rates, and economies of China/Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, India, ASEAN, Eurozone and US. Our Equity research has a network of analysts covering the Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, China, Indonesia, Thailand and Korea stock markets. One distinctive feature is our unrivalled access to a broad range of companies around the region. In Asia, we employ in excess of 60 analysts covering more than 600 stocks. Combining active bottom-up research with sectoral and macro/thematic analysis (in conjunction with Economics and Markets Research), the team has been able to consistently identify moneymaking investment and trading ideas that outperform the rest. Responsibilities
- Work as part of a team to architect, design and develop a platform for semantic knowledge capture and representation for quantitative modeling, analysis and prediction of economic and financial metric and trends and from institutional and public data;
- Lead and work within the knowledge content team to drive strategic projects and initiatives to achieve customer experience excellence;
- Build data analytics capabilities in areas such as predictive/ prescriptive analytics across functional areas especially in the area of equity research;
- Conduct strategic data analysis, identify insights and implications from institutional and public data to enhance our research product offerings;
- Develop data displays that clearly communicate complex analysis;
- Thrive in an "Agile" environment & be able to perform end-to-end development from requirements gathering, to prototyping, design, development, testing and deployment;
- Manage other data instrumentation projects undertaken by the team, and be accountable for their delivery (including planning, prioritization, scope, risk/ issues management).
- Master’s Degree holder from an accredited college or university in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, quantitative finance, business/ finance, computer science, mathematics, economics or related fields of study;
- At least 8-10 years of relevant work experience in the area of big data and data science;
- Proficiency in data collection, cleaning and curation and feature engineering;
- Experience designing, architecting and developing high throughput data pipelines for real-time analytics;
- Experience with cloud based solution development, architectures and operations;
- Experience with Agile, XP development practices, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development approaches;
- Knowledge of big data toolsets, including R, Python, Apache Spark and/or Hadoop;
- Expert in at least one machine learning technology including Regression, Ensemble Models, Gradient Boosting and Deep Belief Networks;
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, including ability to facilitate meetings and present to senior business executives.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.