Job Description :
Group Technology andOperations (T%26amp;O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimbleand resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality%26amp; control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T%26amp;O,we manage the majority of the Bank’s operational processes and inspire todelight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
The role is responsible for growing and leading the highly skilled multi-disciplined teams that deliver technology and analytics solution for the Bank, to drive DBS’s ambition to become a data-driven bank, leveraging insights generated using AI.
This is a key technology role to drive the aggressive agenda to create the capabilities on the Enterprise Data Platform to enable DBS to provide superior client experience through hyper-personalisation and 360 degree understanding of our customers using data and machine learning as well as other use cases from a fraud, risk and compliance perspective
The platform is an integrated solution providing data ingestion, data compute, data security, data governance, data quality, data visualization and end-to-end model lifecycle, using open sourced technology. The core practice is one of Agile, leveraging cloud native architecture pattern using Test Driven Development (TDD), continuous integration/continuous delivery, in an on-premise or public-cloud environment, where everything is automated.
- Manage the technology teams 30 - 50+ data engineers based in Singapore and Hyderabad responsible for building and supporting the enterprise data and analytics platform
- Drive technical vision, technology stack selection and R%26amp;D of emerging technologies as it relates to big data and artificial intelligence
- Strong technical competence to architect and manage big data, distributed computing and models development: Coding skills (such as python,Java,R), experience performing analysis with large datasets, analytics tools experience
- Skilled at condensing analysis into actionable insights to inform business decisions within marketing, and influence / transform business performance; understand business models and high level strategy
- Resource planning, recruitment and key talent development
- Partner with relevant Big Data, AI/ML vendors to supplement the open-sourced based solution as relevant
Required Experience and Skills
- At least 10+ years of relevant hands-on application development experience of mission critical data systems from scratch, including experience in Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Prior hands-on development experience working with Big Data and machine learning technologies such as the Hadoop ecosystem, YARN, Hive, HBase, Zookeeper, HDFS, Spark, Presto, Superset, Kubeflow, MLFlow, H2o.ai, AWS Sagemaker, Google BigQuery, TensorFlow, Kafka etc. Experience in Cloudera suite of products and AWS/GCP Data /ML suite of products will be an added advantage
- Experience leading development team to build mission critical data applications from scratch
- Strong architecture and technical skills in the Data and ML domains
- Experience in AIOps and DataOps will be an added advantage
- Strong communications skills with ability to work with individuals from multiple domains, from product owners to 3rd party partners
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively in a fast paced environment
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
A technologist’s technologist - able to lead high performance technology teams by example
We offer a competitivesalary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamicenvironment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.Singapore-DBS Asia Central
A rewarding career is more than just dollars and cents – it is also about growing your capabilities and the ability to create impact. We want our 28,000 employees to Live fulfilled at DBS – to Be the Best, Be the Change and Be the Difference.
To enable our employees to be the best that they can be, it starts with creating an inclusive environment where our people feel valued, connected and experience growth – both personally and professionally. We support employees by providing them with a comprehensive range of programmes and platforms, from flexible work arrangements, comprehensive leave benefits and exclusive banking privileges, to learning and development opportunities.
We want to be the change and pioneer a new way of banking. Becoming a 28,000-person start-up is critical to our transformation; embrace a digital mindset and focus on the customer experience. Our leaders lead the change, inspiring employees to innovate, challenge the status quo and drive changes around the way we work. Through collaborative workspaces and experiential learning, we experiment and gain fresh perspectives, and have fun along the way.
We create opportunities where employees can be the difference and find meaning in the work that they do – not only at an individual level, but also contribute to the communities that we live and work in. As we build a sustainable future together, we continue to shape the social landscape by being a proactive agent of change, a force for good.
We are on a journey, one that brings us closer to a greater purpose – to be the Best Bank in the World. We look forward to what the future holds as we reimagine banking, so that you can have a lot more life, with a lot less bank.
Live fulfilled at DBS. Right here, right now.
Full Time, Employee