Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.Job Purpose
Group Technology & Operations plays a critical part in enabling DBS’s vision to become the best bank in the world.
Our Mandate: Identify and access key risk areas and drive improvements in T&O to mitigate risks.
Your Role: Play a key role to lead and drive risk governance and oversight via Risk and Control Governance Forums in collaboration with the key cross functional/locational stakeholders, with the aim to drive improvements in key risk focus areas in T&O.Key Accountabilities
- Lead and drive Risk and Control Governance Forums to facilitate key risk decisions/approvals on key risk areas.
- Identify and assess key risks focus areas for Operations and worked in collaboration with key stakeholders on initiatives to mitigate risks.
- Design and drive establishment of risk landscapes/dashboards/metrics for Risk and Control Governance Forums.
- Identify, lead or participate in Operational Risk Management Improvement Initiatives.
- Lead and Drive Risk and Control Governance Forums
- Drive risk governance and oversight in managing key risks through risk forums; ensure effectiveness through defining agenda by engaging key cross functional/locational stakeholders
- Enable/facilitate key risk decisions/approval process on key risk areas.
- Identify and assess key risks focus areas for Operations
- Identify key risks and assess key risk focus areas for Operations via engagements with key cross functional/locational stakeholders.
- Facilitation of cross-functional risk discussion & reviews.
- Collaborate effectively with key to identify initiatives on mitigation plans.
- Design and drive establishment of risk landscapes/dashboards/metrics
- Drive and develop consolidated cross-functional view of the risk and control landscapes or dashboards to reflect risk hotspots.
- Analyse risk profile of T&O units which involves reviewing risk metrics, risk events, audit results etc with the aim to identify recurring themes and work with T&O units to map out appropriate mitigating plans.
- Design and drive establishment of risk metrics across T&O units to enable review of key risk profiles and positions.
- Identify, lead or participate in Operational Risk Management Improvement Initiatives
- Identify, lead or participate in initiatives contributing to improvements in T&O risk and control and quality.
- Experience in operations processes and operational risk management, with front-to-back understanding of at least one business line in the banking industry
- Experience in driving and managing initiatives will be an advantage
- At least 8 years’ experience in the finance industry is preferred
- Strong collaboration, co-ordination and facilitation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders & stakeholder management
- Highly motivated and determined individual who is committed to deliver
- Works well in a dynamic and fast changing environment and has the ability to adapt quickly and keep pace with rapid changes in business
- Strong analytical skills to review and analyse data/information to identify, articulate the key issue and propose solutions
- Ability to work independently with strong teamwork values
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.