Position Title: Web Developer
Type: 12 months + renewable
Job Duties & responsibilities:
• Participate in the planning, design & deployment of new sites, solutions and workflows.
• Will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
• Work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
• Employ best practices for designing reusable code and libraries relating to UI features.
• Participate in testing and management of UAT.
• Analyze, debug where possible and test code fix.
• Enforce and adhere to governance guidelines and procedures related to security, patching, development and overall stability of the environment.
• Communicate effectively with the various business units, end users, and technology teams to properly support, plan and deploy solutions that meet business needs.
• Diploma or Bachelor degree in Information Technology/ Computer Science/ Graphic design or equivalent.
• Good understanding of AngularJS framework
• Must have samples of experience utilising JS frameworks (AngularJS and jQuery)
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
• Responsive web site design
• Solid understanding of HTTP protocols, AJAX, and REST
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• Experience with SharePoint and SharePoint Designer a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts is required.
• Must demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem solving skills as well as the ability to communicate technical ideas and concepts to non-technical individuals.
• Command of visual design capabilities, including composition, layout information hierarchy, typography and color.
• Proficiency with Adobe creative suite a plus.
• Excellent project/time management skills are required.