Scope of role:
This division is at the very heart of the business and critical to its market perception and business health. This community is therefore tasked with creating a recognized market-leading position in communications planning, strategic approach, implementational & executional management and client servicing. As the deputy to the Business Director on your set of accounts, the Account Director plays an important role in attaining this ambition.
- You report directly to the Business Director.
- You have a team (Account Managers) reporting directly to you.
- You are expected to manage your team as well as any specialist services that are being deployed in your business.
The role encompasses:
- Effective ownership of the relationships with senior clients and other agencies
- The creation of communications plans that build from the core insight developed with the strategist assigned to each individual client
- The day to day project management of media solutions
- Ensuring effective and efficient implementation (planning and buying) through the relevant internal or external specialists
- Effective management of all specialist divisions on your business
- Business poise and earns confidence of external and internal stakeholders.
Client relationship management
- Day to day account management leadership of assigned accounts
- Be regarded as the Account Director for all of the client's media communication requirements
- Ultimate responsibility for all product that goes to your client
Strategic media development
- Involvement in development of insights & creative communications solutions
- Contribution to and help leadership of planning workshops & ideas generation session
Management of the implementational process
- Lead the implementational planning process
- Day to day management of all delivery partners to ensure brief is delivered / bought to plan, within appropriate criteria (budget, target).
- Motivate Account Managers to create innovative and accurate plans based on agreed strategic direction.
- Upkeep, and timely delivery of all relevant reporting systems and templates (include media plans, contact reports, status reports).
- Management of post campaign reporting that quantifies the value of the media strategy.
- Supervision of the collation of competitive data in agreed formats required.
Drive Profitability and Productivity
- Maximize productivity by effectively managing workload and client expectations
- Identify and introduce appropriate solutions and other services
Managing your team and the specialist relationships
- Managing your direct reports, Account Managers and clear and accurate briefing of them.
- Integration of trading community
- Manage direct reports career paths and development
- Build effective working relationships with other agency personnel
Protecting our high standards
- Ensure that any work that leaves the agency is of the highest standard
- Be part of producing ideas that inspire, motivate, engage and create commercial action
- Be part of producing award winning work
- Always challenge mediocrity (if you don't know what this means, ask your CEO)
- Think like a solutions provider
- Ensure you encourage the use of other agency services
- Tertiary qualified, 8 years of industry experience strong media planning & buying experience
- Good understanding of media fundamentals and strategic planning capabilities
- Strong client facing communication & presentation skills
- Passionate, with strong opinions about communications
- An instinctive desire to exceed expectations (clients and management) and deliver cutting-edge strategies
- Ability to build strong relations with colleagues, clients, network partners and external agencies
- Can demonstrate good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Can multitask and change priorities rapidly and is effective under pressure.