- To plan, organize and supervise all the testing and commissioning requirements of a project.
- Ensure that all safety procedures and regulations are complied with, as defined in the safety and health manual and ensure good housekeeping standards are maintain always at site.
- Ensure that all standard operating procedures comply with specifications, quality standards, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Promote safe working procedures to prevent incidents- Prepare and carry out risk analysis (RA) and JHA job hazard analysis for the work.
- Decide in consultation with the Project Manager / Commissioning Manager/ yard manager on the manpower requirements.
- Proficient with the testing procedures and applicable rules and regulations of regulatory bodies.
- Identify system/ sub system boundaries and work out the Inspection check sheets accordingly.
- Prepare commissioning procedure as per requirement of specifications and should be familiar with commissioning procedures and manuals.
- Take necessary precautions to ensure the work site is safe for testing / commissioning. Co-ordinate the works in VSCC and raise requirement permit and carry out LOTO for the work (Lock Out and Tag Out).
- Inspect the equipment (OFE and YFE) and prepare preservation requirement.
1- Schedule Service Engineers’ requirements and inform them of the test dates as well as to take charge and monitor their works until completion.
1- Arrange for protection, preservation maintenance of equipment and system.
1- Allocate the systems to be tested to the various supervisors and sections involved in the operation.
1- Coordinate the testing / commissioning requirements with Engineering, Estimating & Analysis, and Project Manager, Quality Assurance departments / Client and classification surveyors.
1- Liaise with owners, class surveyors and government bodies pertaining to project requirements and manage the commissioning activities as required.
1- Plan and schedule the testing and commissioning requirements on project basis and all logistic requirement and equipment required for the commissioning.
1- Ensure timely completion of project.
1- Ensure all standard operating procedures comply with specifications, quality standards, statutory and regulatory requirements.
1- Attend FAT (factory acceptance test) / testing of equipment as necessary.
1- Manage the career development and training of staff.
2- Any other assigned duties and responsibilities.JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Degree / Diploma in Naval Architecture / Civil / Marine & Offshore / Mechanical / Electrical / Chemical Engineering / Certificate of Competency (Marine Engineer Officer) Class 1 (Motorship), or its equivalent.- At least 4 years of relevant experience for diploma holders for Engineer position, and 3 years of relevant experience for degree holders for Senior Engineer position.BUSINESS UNIT
Keppel Offshore & Marine
Keppel is a multi-business company with a global footprint in more than 20 countries, providing robust solutions for sustainable urbanisation, to meet the growing need for energy, infrastructure, clean environments, high quality homes and offices, and connectivity.Keppel aims to be a global company at the forefront of our chosen industries, shaping the future for the benefit of all our stakeholders Sustaining Growth, Empowering Lives and Nurturing Communities.With people as our core asset, Keppel actively seeks out bright and dynamic individuals to join our talent pool. We offer our employees opportunities to grow and shape their careers, across the geographies in which we operate.Be part of our Keppel family today.
Simple body text this will replace with orginal content