Our Digital team is innovating how we understand our patients and their needs. Working cross functionally we are inventing new ways of communicating, measuring and interacting with our customers and patients through digital channels and technologies.Overall description - Functions and responsibilities
Data Scientist is responsible for developing, structuring and animating data activities (prescriptive and/or predictive analysis) enabling to make business recommendations. Those recommendations aim at guiding/challenging strategical and tactical marketing decisions (ex: customer segmentation, optimal level of investment per channel, prediction of customer engagement based on historical data).Main activities:Analyze data and advise (60 %)
Coordination of data activities (30%)
- Within agile marketing, identifying business needs to which he can provide solutions using data.
- Identifies the relevant data sources in the existing bases but also outside (Open)
- Structures and prepares data by ensuring its reliability and integrity
- Realizes advanced descriptive analysis (eg: description of customer pathway )
- Realizes predictive analysis (eg: customer segmentation based on historical data and/or demographic, predictive analysis on e-mails opening, etc…) and prescriptive (ROI) using data processing languages and statistics (eg: SQL, R, Python)
- Reports and communicates analysis in a clear and simple way
- Transforms his analysis into business recommendations / marketing actions
- Advises the marketing team on the technical design of campaigns
Sensitize and educate about data (10%)
- Within agile marketing, ensures the coordination of integration/structuration/visualization data analysis activities
- Ensures the progress of Data activities within the agile team and provides regular feedback to the Data Department Manager
- Actively contributes to the Data Community and sharing of good practices
Work Experience Training
- Updates knowledge and skills regularly, and keeps track of technological trends in his field of activity
- Educative / awareness role marketing on predictive and prescriptive approaches
- Promotes the sharing of knowledge and good practices
5 years in higher education in a quantitative field, like statistics, IT, engineering, mathematics or other related field (eg: ENSAE, DAC (data apprenticeship knowledge), MIAGE (Business intelligence), TSI (statistical treatment of information), D&K (data and knowledge)Experience
- 3 to 5 years in an analyst position ideally in pharmaceuticals or medical and life sciences, digital marketing or in Consumer Centric business, environments that mix different levers of marketing action (eg: Mass distribution, Distribution, Luxury ).
- Experience working with large data sets, relational databases (SQL) and continuous systems (Hadoop, Hive)
- Experience in data visualization (Tableau, Spotfire, TIBCO, R Shiny or other Python Libraries)
- Experience in online, mobile and social data would be a plus
- Demonstrated curiosity for issues of access to digital data (technical aspect, as well as an appetence for understanding and exploring data architecture in relation to business and IT)
- Knowledge of typical pharmaceutical data sources (physician prescriptions, institutional commercial data, patient data, etc.) and the modeling of promotional responses
- Knowledge of R, Python and/or SAS essential; knowledge of other statistical packages (SAS, PSPSS, RapidMiner, etc.) would be helpful.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical techniques, data mining and machine learning
- Customer orientation / business orientation
- Change management
- Project Management
Our Human Health Division maintains a 'patient first, profits later' ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
This posting has been created to pipeline talent for prospective roles that we anticipate will be needed soon in our organization. By applying to this Pipeline Advertisement you will be submitting your interest to be contacted for roles similar to what is described in the Pipeline Advertisement.