Job Description :
Long Term Contract
To be a key member of the Advanced Analytics team, working closely with data scientist, data engineers as well as business users to develop, maintain and automate delivery of data pipelines in our infrastructure. In this role, the person is expected to take on critical tasks such as ingestion, monitoring, quality and retrieval of data for business users. The person will work closely and report to the lead data engineer in the team.
- To develop, maintain and automate delivery of data pipelines.
- To be responsible for data ingestion, monitoring, quality and retrieval of data.
- In charge of daily operational tasks to ensure quality control, improvements and troubleshooting of data breakages.
- To build and improve data pipelines using the existing analytics platform.
- To work closely with business users, data scientists and software engineers to understand their data requirements and provide solutions for them.
- Curious individual with a passion for automating pipelines and resolving data issues.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in software engineering, specifically in the areas of Hive, S3, Spark and Python.
- Individual should have demonstratable past experience in the above technical stacks
- At least 2 years of professional experience in maintaining large-scale data-oriented systems or applications.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in modern software engineering practices (unit-testing, Git, CI/CD).
- A strong team player who can contribute as an individual, while being able to work closely with business users and the analytics team to understand and deliver their data requirements.
Degree or Master's in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field