About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along withminimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.The Role Responsibilities
Lead the frontline credit process management in so far as it applies to the CCIB Financial Institutions segment including its sub segments, supporting the Credit GPO Delegate in the day to day aspects of frontline risk management and governance covering:
- Banks & Broker Dealers (BBD).This segment includes large banks, broker dealers and non-bank financial institutions.
- Correspondent Banking.This segment covers our correspondent banking platform and Fintech/new payment methods (NPM) business.
- Strategic Investors Group (SIG).This segment includes insurers, financial sponsors and pension and superannuation funds.
- Public Sector & Development Organisations (PSDO) covering central banks, multilaterals, and development organisations.
- Investorscovering asset managers, hedge funds and sovereign wealth funds, and
- Intra Group covering other SCB Branch and Subsidiary entities
- In line with CC Business Plan deliverables, ensure that treatment plans are in place and executed as per the committed timelines in order to mitigate elevated risks emanating from credit or credit allied processes in relation to the FI Business.
- Work alongside the PE and OE Hive and the Investors Backlog PO for relevant FI/Investors related initiatives that impact the credit boarding processes.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates.
- Support the implementation of strategic initiatives aimed at enhancing the Bank's credit transformation agenda in relation to the FI business and its segments.
- Drive process simplification and automation agenda as it relates to Credit and Credit Allied processes, related to the FI Business within CCIB
- Strong understanding of the end to end Credit processes in the Bank and its interplay across the various PRTs with particular SME from a FI Credit process standpoint
- Create and maintain the relevant process guidance and R&R relating to FI credit processes and activities including but not limited to Asset Backed Securities, Funds Uploader, Subscription Financing etc.
People and Talent
- Ensure execution of the relevant treatment plan actionable Client Coverage and maintain oversight on the country lead RCRs.
- Collaborate with 2LOD Credit Risk Policy team and other Risk stakeholders including FI Risk to ensure necessary training and guidance is provided to frontline teams on multiple matters and new policy directives.
- Provide subject matter expertise to RCRs/ change initiatives from a FI Credit Process expertise perspective
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from the team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Develop storing network with Operational risk partners to ensure strong control over credit processes with CC
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the control framework to mitigate keys risk such as Credit, Reputational, Sustainability and initiating corrective treatment plan where required.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Strong understanding of the Group&rsquos operational risk framework and processes including but not limited to gross and residual risk assessments, top down reviews (TDR), annual risk and control self-assessments (RCSA), trigger reviews
- Review and challenge the ORF results for the credit processes quarterly before submission to GPO and RFO for sign off
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- CCIB MT and Regional/Country Heads for FI
- CCIB COO teams
- Credit Policy & FI Credit Risk team
- Product Organisation
- Operational Risk, CCIB
- GBS Hubs
- Frontline FI Client Coverage Staff
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 10years of overall experience with 3years of experience in Credit Risk/Operational Risk and related areas with a leading commercial bank, preferably with international exposure with focus on Financial Institutions Credit process.
- Bachelor&rsquos/Master&rsquos degree in Business/Finance/Accounting and/or professional certifications (e.g., CFA, CFE, CPA) preferred
- Experience in Financial Institution Credit Risk with a leading commercial bank
- Corporate banking risk expertise in areas such as Funds Risk, Insurance, Reputational risk
- Proven and relevant experience preferably Credit or Credit allied risks (Reputational, Sustainability, Appropriateness) as a frontline or 2nd line partner or in operational risk management, ideally in one or more of areas such as financial markets, financial statement analysis and risk & control self-assessment. Relevant experience in relationship management will be a plus including a broad understanding of the CCIB Business segments and activities
- Thorough understanding of Banking business processes & products, risks, threats and internal controls particularly in relation to Credit origination and associated processes
- Thought leadership and proven ability to work across a global team and effectively collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong analytical and program management skills with proven ability to collect and analyse data, establish facts, and make recommendations in written and oral form
- Excellent oral & written communication and presentation skills and Stakeholder Management experience
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Successfully handle challenging roles requiring collaboration and stakeholder management
- Work with all levels of management and staff, successfully manage and engage multiple stakeholders, negotiate effectively in situations involving conflicting interests and positively influence key decision makers on critical issues
- Liaise and coordinate on an ongoing with various parts of the Bank, including senior business and risk stakeholders
- Proactive and positive with the ability to make good/sound decisions and use independent judgement
- Ability to influence and align action plans with senior business stakeholders
- Business Facilitation: Leading initiatives to minimise Client Risk, mitigate potential financial losses
- Detailed and analytical outlook
- Management of front-line risk: Fraud, Credit, Operational, Business
- Facilitating effective coordination between business and functions
- Business Governance & Support: Projects investment governance, product and process governance, headcount and cost management etc
- Investigations: Investigative mindset
Visit our careers website