Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.
Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.JR24570 Engineer - Package Reliability Process
As a GQ (Global Quality) Package Reliability Process Engineer, you will be responsible to setup new product package reliability requirement. This includes board level reliability to emulate customer PCB design. As process engineer, you are required to ensure the process control during package reliability and establish procedures to the operation team for execution. Process improvement is also required to ensure cost and productivity gain.
Coordinating PCB build with various supplier and ensuring the outsource SMT process is meeting Micron specs are also required. Additionally, you will respond to inquiries from internal and external customers as a subject matter expert for package reliability activities.Responsibilities and Tasks
FBLR process development
- To work with PCB supplier for development of PCB with using customer parameters or IPC standard stackup method.
- Modify BURN oven program for test coverage on NPI products
- NPI Readiness to ensure the supply and design of PCB are available to cater for the new product.
- Source vendor support on SMT process and drive vendor for process improvement.
- Collaborate within internal Micron Test Engineering team to establish BURN-in board design to cater for FBLR.
Evaluate and Improve Processes, Materials, and/or Equipment
- Identify, investigate, and document process deviations.
- Troubleshoot process deviations using systematic troubleshooting techniques.
- Perform risk assessment at all decision points within the qualification cycle
- Develop Process Reliability Methodology and Qualification
Lead development/improvement of Process, Equipment and/or Material
- Establish engineering evaluation (DOE)
- Identify factors that impact process quality and propose solutions
- Identify and evaluate interactions between equipment, processes and resolve potential issues
- Identify and implement equipment process control methods
- Develop process limits and capabilities (CpK) and lead process improvement evaluations
Introduction of New Process and Process Changes to Operation
- Implement new standard to align with changes of industrial standard for reliability process procedure.
- Conduct training/briefing for operation team on operation procedures
- Develop process reliability tests to assess new process failure mechanisms
- Ensure that test methodology follows industry standards, such as the Joint Electron Devices Engineering Council (JEDEC)
- Define process sampling plan and instruction.
- Strong trouble shooting skill using 8D
- Analyze and report results
- Analyze failures and coordinate failure analysis
- Develop process monitor plan
- Support Excursion Material Disposition
Establish documentation and procedure
- To establish document for new process and revise existing procedure whenever applicable.
- To ensure compliance to internal and external audit
- Observe all established EHSS policies, requirements, and procedures
- Follow EHSS guidelines included in work instructions
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
Engineering - Electronics/Electrical
Engineering - Materials Science
Engineering - Mechanical
Related field of studyExperience
5+ years experience(for senior engineer role) in any of the following:
- Reliability/Quality Engineering
- Failure Analysis
- PCB Assembly manufacturing and SMT Qualifications
Familiarity with basic semiconductor processing, device physics, quality, and reliability fundamentals
Prior experience in Quality and Reliability (preferred)
The high degree of self-initiative and ability to think and act independently
Good multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
The ability to work under tight timeframes and prioritize competing activities
Excellent organizational and management skills and outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills
The proven ability to collaborate well with team members and drive for results
Strong verbal and written communication skills
The ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand needs and translate them into actionable plans, deliverables, and resource requirements
The ability to effectively interact with a wide range of personalities
The ability and willingness to travel when required
Fresh graduates are welcome
Please note that in order to assist in providing a safe and healthy workplace for all Micron team members, new employment offers for jobs based in India, Malaysia, Singapore, and the U.S., are contingent upon the applicant's provision of a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination document to Micron on a confidential basis prior to their scheduled start date confirming that they have completed the COVID-19 vaccination process, subject to any written request for medical or religious accommodation and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Micron Prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.