Wilmar International Limited is Asia’s leading agribusiness group. Wilmar International business activities include oil palm cultivation, edible oils refining, oilseeds crushing, consumer pack edible oils processing and merchandising, specialty fats, oleochemicals, and biodiesel manufacturing, and grains processing and merchandising. It has over 1,000 manufacturing plants and an extensive distribution network covering China, India, Indonesia and some 50 other countries. The Group is backed by a multinational workforce of about 100,000 people.
- Operate a twin-screw extruder to produce extrudates using both high moisture extrusion and low moisture extrusion technology.
- Formulation of new textured vegetable proteins is included. Applicant will conduct experiments independently or with a team;
- Perform routine instrumental analysis to characterize the texturized vegetable proteins processed by extruder;
- Review data, generate report, and present the results of assigned tasks to team lead and R&D manager;
- Responsible for the daily maintenance of the extruder; Arrange repairs to equipment when necessary, and replace all defective, broken or worn out components;
- Purchase raw materials;
- Collaborate with colleagues within Wilmar group and/or customers to apply research findings and develop new techniques or products;
- Maintain laboratory hygiene and safety;
- May be required to perform other duties as needed.
- Diploma/ Bachelor's Degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent; Working experience on extrusion is preferred;
- Strong knowledge of how the extrusion machine works;
- Excellent manual dexterity and physical stamina due to the machine operation;
- Ability to work on interdisciplinary topics and interact efficiently in a culturally diverse environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Creative, innovative and team-working spirit.