Great opportunity to mentor and guide junior programmers
Autonomously develop UI-related functions and design the interface and/or tools
As a UI Programmer, you will autonomously develop UI-related functions and design the interface or tools to help the non-technical members incorporate their work and ideas into the computer code so that it can be included in the game.
Your responsibilities include:
- Staying on top of the code base/tech, actively writing code and engineering game systems/tools with the management requirements and responsibilities.
- Ensuring the creation of strong technical documentation and assisting in the creation of submission materials as required by console manufacturer.
- Developing UI functionalities, including HUD, Menu Pages and the logic within the game engine.
- Developing Flash/Action Script for real-time interactive interfaces.
- Organizing data sharing/transfer between UI system and game engine.
- Working closely with artists and game designers to ensure UI is done within the desired quality.
- Completing UI functions based on the plan, requirements and scheduling approved by management.
- Correcting defects discovered by QC or your customers in a timely fashion.
- Assisting junior programmers in fixing more difficult bugs.
- You possess a Degree in Computer Science or related field, or have equivalent experience and have at least 5 years of programming experience.
- You have extensive knowledge of C/C++ programming and debugging and also possess an understanding of refactoring and optimization to use when they are appropriate.
- Working experience in a AAA game development studio and experience in most aspects of game technology development (audio, 3D, animation, gameplay, UI, network and tools) would be highly valuable.
- You also have a strong understanding of multi-threaded/parallel programming.
- Experience in using one or more commercial game engines would be a strong plus.
- You are highly goal-driven with strong work ethic and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have the ability to collaborate across disciplines.