• Provide technical leadership to a world-class engineering team that designs and develops path breaking large-scale cluster data processing systems.
• Collaborate with Sales and Client Partners to develop new business and manage existing client relationships.
• Mentors sophisticated organizations on large-scale data and analytics and works with client teams to deliver results.
• This role is considered to be a senior member of the consulting and delivery team and is expected to assist Teradata establish thought leadership in the big data analytics industry by contributing white papers, technical commentary and representing the company at industry conferences.
• Lead technical teams through multi-phased delivery projects and provide hands-on delivery guidance to influence standards for development, governance, and operational life cycle
• Evangelize frameworks, project deliverables, best practices/policies and implementations to internal collaboration networks and IP sharing
• Mentoring junior members on the team in application architecture, design and development best practices
Technical Skills Requirements
• Deep understanding of Apache Hadoop and the Hadoop ecosystem. Experience with tools such as Spark, Sqoop, Kafka, Solr, Zookeeper, HCatalog, Kerberos, HBase and Hive. Familiarity with Hadoop Distributions such as CDH (Cloudera) and HDP/HDF (Hortonworks).
• Prior Experience with SQL-on-Hadoop technologies such as Hive, Pig, Impala, Spark SQL (Spark 2.0+), and/or Presto.
• Current hands-on implementation experience required, possessing 8 or more years of IT platform implementation experience, with at least 2 or more years as an Architect.
• Prior Experience building Data Lakes based analytic solutions applied to enterprises across Banking, Finance and Telecom domain.
• Significant development experience with multiple programming languages, including Java and Bash Scripting. Solid Java 8 programming skills with exposure to design patterns, JPA, database programming, concurrency, distributed processing and JVM optimizations is a must.
• Prior experience of microservices based architecture with containerized deployments will be an added advantage.
• Applied knowledge of working in agile, scrum, and DevOps teams
• Familiar with modern software delivery methods like TDD, BDD, continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD)
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools/flow, GIT is preferred
• Ability to perform customer-facing activities in a fast-paced environment with short timeframes.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to lead effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please share your updated CV to [HIDDEN TEXT]