We seek a Head of Data Engineering to support our high-frequency trading and quantitative research. At Grasshopper we recognize that effective research and trading strategies are built upon a solid foundation in data collection, storage and service. Grasshopper trades at a number of exchanges globally, and our success depends on our ability to scale by leveraging the potential of data.
You will, in close collaboration with stakeholders, design and develop highly scalable and fault-tolerant data pipelines in a cloud environment focusing on scalability and performance, as well as the next generation of tools that empower users to generate insights on the data they work with.
As Head of Data Engineering, you will have full autonomy, as well as any support you require in implementing this vision.
· Lead a team of data engineers across locations, managing project schedules.
· Take strategic ownership of all aspects of data at Grasshopper.
· Expand the imagination of data stakeholders on what is possible and educate them in leveraging data they already have.
· Work proactively with traders, researchers and various members outside the data team to meet their needs for timely, accurate and complete data sets.
· Build highly scalable data pipelines to process and analyse billions of messages in real time.
· Set strong technical/architectural/cultural foundations, advocate good design in software development as well as data engineering, and lead by example.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
· Strong technical leadership qualities, good at working with both people and with code.
· Extensive experience with data modelling and designing/supporting both streaming and batch ETL pipelines.
· Extensive experience in SQL and databases.
· Domain knowledge in finance, especially in buy-side trading, is not required but good to have.
· Proficiency in at least two mainstream programming languages (preferably Python, Java, C++).
· Proficiency in a programming language of a non-OOP paradigm (e.g. functional/logic programming).
· Experience with FP libraries like scalaz/cats/ZIO is a plus.
· Demonstrates good judgment in software design balancing design principles with pragmatics, with an emphasis on simplicity. See Rich Hickey’s Simple Made Easy talk: https://www.youtube.com/watchv=oytL881p-nQ
· Good to have experience in Google BigQuery.
· Experience working in some cloud services platform (e.g. Google Cloud, AWS, Azure).
· Experience with messaging middleware such as Solace or Kafka.
· Experience with machine learning is good to have.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for team-players who are creative in their approach to problem solving. They take the initiative to explore different ways to resolve an issue, and systematically find the most efficient and effective way to do it. They are adept at expressing their ideas and solutions into clean and maintainable code.
THE ENVIRONMENT WE OFFER:
As a growing firm with a tightly knit team, we respect and listen to all our employees. You will get the chance to make an impact by having your voice heard by everyone, including the management.
Our employees enjoy a high level of autonomy at work. We focus on substance, not form - as long as you can perform, you will be recognized and rewarded. We are also dedicated to supporting our staff and ensuring they develop holistically to maximize their potential in the long-term.
We also provide flexible working arrangement as required and a casual and fun work environment to boot!
Hyphen Group aims to be Asia’s #1 trusted source of information and education on financial management using digital technologies to empower people to build healthier financial lives and to provide val
Today, most countries across the world lack access to the internet and with that, the resources to do business, exchange ideas and learn. Severe bottlenecks at all levels, what we call the Global Int
Key Responsibilities * Develop an understanding of our product and business environment. * Partner, participate and contribute to product ideation and requirement along with internal stakeholde
We are currently hiring Head- QA Engineering for a permanent opportunity with our Banking Client. JD • Experience in leading large-scale QA automation programs for mission-critical systems running
Melbourne Specialist International School Pte Ltd is expanding and welcomes applications for Head of College, the successful incumbant will be Head, and lead The Guild International College. Head o
Position Objective The Head of Marketing (HM) is a key role within the school community and will contribute to its onward success and growth. Specific responsibility will be for the organisation, ad
Simple body text this will replace with orginal content