Position Objective/ Summary:
Reporting to the Manager of Operations Center Hosting Compute, the Associate Engineer is responsible for proactive monitoring, diagnostics and resolution of Tier 1, 2, and 3 issues related to the organization's customer base in a team-oriented support center. The Adaptive Desk team is accountable for all platform support for the company managed hosting customers, comprising of Incident Management, Change Management, Request Fulfillment, Event Management and interacting closely with Problem management.
• Prove to the company's customers that every experience matters by delivering the best customer experience possible
• Follow all documented procedures related to the Associate Engineer position
• Keep the client and their open tickets up to date at all times on incident progress
• Manage, triage and resolve tickets raised off of alerts received from our hosting environment
• Manage, triage and resolve tickets raised by the customer via telephone, e-mail and portal
• React to proactive events in a timely manner as specified in the procedural documentation and training
• Work with management on individual and team-wide progress and improvements
• Work in a team environment – multi-culture and global
• Duties as assigned by supervisor/manager
• Confident, professional and courteous when dealing directly with clients
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Working knowledge and understanding of UNIX/Linux OR Windows operating systems
• Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016 support background OR Red Hat Enterprise Linux support background
• Host and network based firewalls
• Understanding of Web Technologies, i.e. DNS, Load Balancers,
• Basic knowledge and understanding of networking protocols and infrastructure
• Previous system administration experience with related technologies
• Understanding of Cloud Computing Services
• A degree in IT, Red Hat or Microsoft professional qualification or equivalent proven experience in a technical support role.
• Possess 1-2 years’ experience in server support and/or troubleshooting role.
Gateway Search. Gateway to Talent.
Gateway Search is about identifying the best talent in the market. A preferred strategic search partner for many glocal clients looking at first-rate qualified professionals, Gateway Search is chosen for its track record of placing talents with precision, speed and success in high retention ratings. We believe through our extensive network, deep relationships across the specializations we recruit, coupled with a flexible yet robust search methodology - We are the gateway to talent.
Simple body text this will replace with orginal content