AS/400 Production Support Engineer | Contract Position
• The specialized Shared Services IT Production Support Engineer is responsible to support application wellness in production, investigate production issue raised, and respond to user with feasible workaround.
• Closely follow-up and monitor issue from investigation, pass relevant details to L2/L3 team.
• Clarify user queries. Make sure system availability as per SLA across countries for multiple applications / interfaces. Perform scheduled health check tasks across applications and raise alerts in case required
• Able to work in shift-based environment, support implementations during bank’s green zone
•3 or more years’ production support experience in bank or financial vendors across multiple technologies / platform
• Prior hand-on knowledge of AS/400 system OR OPEN System – might ask to write or show during interview
• Good functional knowledge in either one of the retail or wholesale payment or customer information systems
• Willing to work in onsite shift-support model (follow-the-sun)
• Hands-on experience in writing SQL queries and parsing logs for issue investigation
• Strong written, oral communication skills and able to manage user / vendor / customer
• Ability to easily adopt to any technology / environment
• Be able to work in fast pace and high-pressure working environment
• Ability to work across platforms – UNIX / open, AS/400 and mainframe
Payments Production Support
• Provide 7 x 24 operational support for all production practices including weekends and holidays for:
• G3 / low value real time payment
• Payment systems
• and other cash management Platforms.
• Provide technical expertise to facilitate investigation of complex technical issues. Uses technical knowledge to provide solutions to complex issues in a timely and efficient manner.
• Possesses strong understanding of technical and subject matter expertise that can be leveraged to identify and resolve issues in a timely fashion.
• Possesses good domain knowledge of payments systems.
• Leads technical team in support of 3 -5 operations teams and support engineers by driving investigation of Incidents and corrective action follow-ups.
• Leads formal and informal Post Event Problem Reviews (PEPRs), coordinates delivery dates, define action items, and pursue issues to closure for problems that occurred for all Severity Level 1 - 3 client impacting incidents.
• Ensures that all stakeholders are sufficiently involved in the Problem Management process. Act as project Leader facilitating weekly problem management meetings with Sr. technical staff reviewing root cause and corrective actions. Contributes metrics-based reporting on the production and/or pre-production environment. Keep current with emerging technologies and lead implementation efforts as applicable.
• Participate in knowledge transfer to ensure better grasp of the product and domain.
• Coordinate with Application Development Team to successfully deploy software releases in both User Acceptance Testing and Production environments
• 3 or more years’ production support experience in bank or financial industry
• Strong technical knowledge of RHEL, JBOSS, MariaDB, Active MQ, SQL, Shell scripting and TWS Job scheduling
• TIBCO BW / BE is a plus
• Able to provide 24x7 operational support including Weekends and public holidays
• Very clear communication skills both written and oral
• Able to drive/recommend solutions to extended technology teams.
• Self-starter with excellent crisis management skills.
• Able to lead and facilitate meetings, to lead the technical team in driving investigation of incidents and corrective actions follow-ups
• Some development skills as occasional scripting skills will put to use.