This role is technical in nature and is responsible for providing high quality and timely IT infrastructure support to ensure the availability, stability and performance the FNZ platforms and corporate systems.
· Windows Servers and Storage Area Network hardware
· Vmware ESX server estate
· Active Directory domains
· Email systems including Exchange
· Backup systems
· Internal applications including Finance and HR systems
· Corporate office systems including printers and faxes
The team are responsible for the administration and management of all development, UAT and pre-production environments as well as internal corporate IT systems.
Availability – applications that are available when the users need them
Performance – applications that scale with user demand
Security – applications that are protected from unauthorised access and data loss
Reliability – applications that are fault tolerant with no single points of failure
Value for money – shared core infrastructure improves application delivery and reduces costs per application
Projects – new system delivery is high quality, on time and within budget
This position is part of the Infrastructure department and reports to the regional Head of Infrastructure.
Availability: Ensure that uptime SLA's are met every month for systems that you are responsible for by managing and resolving issues logs; performing scheduled maintenance to minimise disruption; managing third party support contracts where required to provide support levels.
Performance: Ensure that performance SLA's are met every month for systems that you are responsible for by monitoring system performance, capacity and growth; suggesting and implementing performance improvements and hardware/software refreshes.
Information Security: Ensure that the FNZ network and systems are internally and externally secure by following existing policies and procedures and documenting for audit purposes as required by AAF/ISO27001; implementing security projects; completing risk assessments and build guides for new and existing systems.
Business Continuity: Ensure that FNZ-held data is secure and backed up by: ensuring that regular backups and made and are tested; participating in yearly BCP & DR tests; ensuring that any new build is in line with company requirements and departmental policy for resilience and availability; documenting resilience and backup plans for all new builds.
Training: Develop professional and technical knowledge and skills. Provide technical advice and mentoring within the team.
Project Work: Implement new projects to meet project timelines and deadlines Budget: Recommend changes to the IT manager that could reduce costs in your areas of responsibility
· Degree qualified or equivalent industry experience
· In depth knowledge of Multi-tiered websites and web based Microsoft .NET applications
· IIS or Java troubleshooting experience is required
· Knowledge of Splunk, Nagios or other monitoring tools would be advantageous
· General infrastructure skills and knowledge of Microsoft Server products such as Exchange are also desirable.
· F5 experience highly regarded
· Keen interest in and knowledge of latest server and storage technologies
· Successfully implemented Infrastructure projects
· Good team player with the ability to work independently and able to take initiative
· Superior problem solving capabilities
· Able to work in a rapidly changing environment
· Excellent time-management skills
· Excellent team communication skills, confident in dealing with internal and external clients
· Be part of a highly successful, rapidly growing, global business that is leading the delivery of financial services via cloud computing and partners with some of the world’s largest companies;
· Remuneration and career advancement is based on individual contribution and business impact rather than tenure or seniority;
· We provide significant financial rewards for high performing individuals; and
· We provide global career opportunities for our best employees at any of our offices in the UK, Czech Republic, Australia, New Zealand or Asia.
At FNZ, we recognise that diversity, inclusion and accessibility are important factors for our success. We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation and achieve our business goals. Recruitment decisions at FNZ are made in a non-discriminatory manner where all employees are valued and respected. In particular, we want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported thus, ensuring our recruitment process is fair and equitable for all applicants.
Please let us know if there is any support we can provide to ensure FNZ’s recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at to discuss specific requirements.
About us PALO IT is a global innovation consultancy specialised in human-centered design, Agile software development and in the AI-driven transformation of large, forward-thinking companies. As a com
Technical skills (Required - Mandatory) Docker, Kubernetes, HP Ezmeral/ OpenShift, Ansible, Prometheus, Grafana, EFK Technical skills (Required - Nice to have) Python/GO/CI CD tools People skil
Duties and Responsibilities: * Provide system & storage backup infrastructure engineering and support to security centric infrastructure projects * Perform online storage tuning, optimization an
Simple body text this will replace with orginal content