Our client is a global software consultancy focused on transforming ideas into smart, seamless business solutions for their clients through cutting edge IT products.
They are seeking a Technology Evangelist Software Engineer who can play a technical developer but most importantly act as an industry networker with passion and credibility in their field, helping senior management to attract new clients and projects whilst championing the company’s premium brand and values.
This is a new and unique role for the Singapore office that will sit at the same level as senior engineering management and slot in between C level executives and development teams in the company. This is not a team management role per se, but the ideal candidate will have strong senior engineering skills and be an inspirer, mentor and motivator to the wider engineering team. At the same time, you will do business development not through a targeted sales approach but through being visible at technology events, building meaningful relationships with both existing and potential clients, and establishing credibility in your field through activities such as blogging, speaking and engaging in online and offline forums with the tech community.
Culture and personality wise, you are passionate about new technology and innovation; positive, ambitious and energetic about achieving goals; you are a relationships builder with the industry vibe and have great people skills that enable you to motivate and influence both staff and customers alike.
Whilst your main remit is Singapore, you will be a senior member of staff involved in similar initiatives on a global and group level across 14 regions.
• 8+ years of application development / tech related project management experience with 3+ years as a senior or lead engineer
• Knowledge of different technologies, trends and methods, with passion and interest in particular areas
• You understand modern software development processes value efforts in building high quality software and support the engineers as a team member in doing so.
• You have experience in networking and managing stakeholders and leveraging their expectations from team level up to senior management.
• Experience in non MNC type environments such as start-ups whereby you have had experience in helping promote products or services from the ground up could be very relevant for this role.
• You are proactive, accountable and bring ideas to the table. You naturally default to entrepreneurial thinking – you identify opportunities, make improvements, and you find ways to engage others in contributing to the bigger picture.
• You are comfortable to work in a highly interactive and challenging environment.
• Scrum Master, or Agile development experience is advantageous
• If you have an architecture background you will be experienced with web-based and desktop clients, application servers, relational and NoSQL databases such as Couch or MongoDB, REST, web services and messaging.
If you are interested and suitable to explore the role, please send your CV in MS Word format to [HIDDEN TEXT] and we will be in touch with you to discuss further.
New Step Search Pte. Ltd. | Business Registration No # 201632615G | EA License No #16S8449
New Step is an executive IT search consultancy. We find you the right candidates for your specific hiring needs, and help you to hire the best available talent for the job.
We provide a premium end to end recruitment service, using leading industry search tools, channels and techniques without compromise for each and every assignment that we take on. We customise our search approach for you and can demonstrate just how we go the extra mile on assignments through modern initiatives and search activities. Our mantra is quality over quantity: we partner closely with comparatively fewer clients to understand not only their assignment in detail, but also their values, culture and long term aspirations.
Functions : IT
Industries : IT/Computers - Hardware, IT/Computers - Software, Recruitment/Staffing/RPO
Skills/Roles I hire for: Technology
level Hiring For: Mid Level, High Level, Top Management
Simple body text this will replace with orginal content