The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an 'outside-in' view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The Government Infrastructure Group (GIG), a critical arm of Govtech, is responsible for providing the internal ICT infrastructure for the Whole Of Government (WoG). This ICT infrastructure covers data centres, WAN / LAN networks, security devices, physical and virtualised workloads, cloud and endpoints.
Government agencies are bound together using the WoG infrastructure as base platform. A rich set of endpoint, email, collaboration, document management and other services are provided centrally by GIG. GIG is working on a Digital Workplace Programme which aims to transform the ICT infrastructure and standard business applications for WoG through the adoption of cloud technologies and services to enhance the way public officers access Government resources and collaborate with one another.
If you are someone with strong infrastructure background and passionate about technology, looking for opportunities to work with a team of practitioners and leading industry experts, we welcome you to join GIG.Job Overview:
As a Lead Infrastructure Engineer, you will be part of team to implement and manage the Whole-of-Government (WOG) infrastructure and services. You will lead a team of engineers. You are expected to have strong technical competency to conceptualise, design, implement and operate the Government infrastructure services while ensuring high levels of availability, performance and security across the (WOG).
You will be closely collaborating with peers from other teams such as networking, security, directory and cloud to ensure that a macro view is adopted during design and implementation so that users have the best experience in terms of network speeds, security and accessibility.What to expect
- Lead outsourced service providers and product principals to manage the delivery, operations as well as Tech Refresh on the technology solutions for endpoint services:
- Endpoint Protection;
- Network Access Control;
- Windows 10
- Microsoft M365
- System Center Configuration Manager
- Work with infrastructure architects to rationalise the technical design and ensure the solution works well with Government infrastructure, policies, standards and security requirements.
- Translate the technical solution/design into technical specifications and functional requirements.
- Ensure the operations process and controls are clearly documented and operationalised
- Explore new solutions and technologies, integrate learning and recommendations for operational efficiency and continual improve of the infrastructure for better user experience.
- Plan, design and support Technology Refresh and migration activities for the infrastructure services.
- Ensure smooth service delivery and implementation within the business context.
How to Succeed:
- Lead and guide to a team of engineers to provide the management, maintenance and enhancement of the Endpoint Services (image build, endpoint security, software delivery, application testing) for Whole-of-Government (WOG).
- Own the delivery of Endpoint Services by managing appointed service provider and working with internal technical architects / consultants / subject matter experts as well as agency stakeholder(s) and IT teams, ensuring the smooth running of the Endpoint Services.
- Own endpoint related incidents and see to the resolution. Work with the premier support to resolve VVIP cases
- Responsible for the planning for Operating System and Browser road-map, identifying new features/services and policies for the use of WOG Endpoint Services.
- Engage and update Stakeholders (management, agencies, service providers) and update on the new services / features/ roadmaps
- Responsible for the assessment, management and enhancement of endpoint troubleshooting tools to facilitate users to self-help log collection and troubleshooting
- Responsible for the test environment/ / lab and ensure all the software or changes are thoroughly tested prior to mass deployment to WOG endpoints
- Knowledge and experience of end-user computing technologies, including PC trends, Cloud technologies, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), Group Policy Object (GPO) formulation and service automation.
- Knowledge of software packaging tools such as Admin Studio, deployment and management tools such as Microsoft SCCM Current Branch, Microsoft Intunes as well as end-point protection and policy enforcement technologies such as Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- Knowledge of latest Windows 10 Operating System (OS) with experience in OS upgrades.
- Experienced in supporting Desktop and formulating Desktop Policies.
- Knowledge of endpoint monitoring tools such as Nexthink and Aternity.
- Familiar with endpoint troubleshooting tools such as Process Monitor, Process Dump and etc.
- Knowledge of endpoint protection tools such as antivirus, firewall policies, network access control tools, data loss protection (DLP) and endpoint detection and response (EDR)
- Proven track record and experience in contract, vendor management, working with product principals and partners
- Able to provide directions for troubleshooting during incidents
- Pro-active, dynamic and with good analytical/conceptual thinking
- Good written and verbal communication, with the ability to influence and communicate effectively with non-technical audience and senior management
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer orientation, team interaction/effectiveness, and decision-making skills
- Certification in Windows 10 or endpoint
- Azure or M365 fundamentals
- Certification in ITIL foundation
- Candidates who are familiar with Government ICT environment