- Join one of the top global brands in Video Game development.
- Be involved in exciting projects and see your work come to life
Our client is a leading game development firm in Asia Pacific and is part of a global video game company. The Singapore branch has been here for more than a decade with a multicultural team of over 30 different nationalities.
As a Lead UI Programmer, you will lead the UI Programming team across different disciplines to define and track the schedule for his team. You will also manage and mentor individuals within the engineering team.
Your responsibilities include:
- Balancing and staying on top of the codebase/tech, actively writing code and engineering game systems/tools.
- Establishing clear coding best practices and lead regular code reviews.
- Coordinating, mentoring and building a cohesive programming team.
- Ensuring strong technical documentation and assisting in the creation of submission materials as required by the console manufacturer.
- Developing UI functionalities within the game engine.
- Developing Flash/Action script for real-time interactive interfaces.
- Organizing data sharing/transfer between UI system and game engine.
- Working closely with artists and game designers to ensure UI achieves desired quality.
- Completing UI functions based on the plan, requirements and schedule approved by management.
- You possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or have equivalent experience.
- You have experience in most aspects of game technology development (audio, 3D, animation, gameplay, UI, network and tools).
- You also have extensive knowledge of C/C++ programming and debugging.
- Strong understanding of multi-threaded/parallel programming is a must.
- You are a driven individual with strong work ethic and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You can collaborate and work well with people and teams across disciplines.
- You have experience in one or more commercial game engines.
- You possess sufficient knowledge in refactoring and optimization.