The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an outside-in view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore's vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
Government Infrastructure Group (GIG)
The Government Infrastructure Group (GIG) is responsible for digital infrastructure that supports the Whole-of-Government (WOG). We are the infrastructure architects and engineers who architect, design and deliver an agile, secure and sustainable infrastructure which enables a digital government for Singapore.
How we work
Aside from formulating the infrastructure strategy and roadmap at WOG level, we also develop prototypes using new technologies and establish standards and best practices to guide the design and implementation of information systems that support the enterprise infrastructure.
We examine factors such as people, culture, policies and processes to provide a secure, predictive and always-on platform, enabling public officers to work anywhere and anytime.
By leveraging on innovative Cloud and Saas technologies, we architect, design, build and deliver Cloud and Datacentre hosting environments and common services which support government agencies in accelerating and developing modern applications and services.
Transforming ICT infrastructure through modernisation and automation is also our key focus. Using latest technology and best practices, we deliver secure and utility-based services to WOG, so that government agencies can function efficiently and seamlessly.
We are also passionate about building and uplifting ICT engineering know-how for the WOG in critical infrastructure domains, which we advance through experimentation, prototype development, consultancy and training.
Reviewing and eliciting GIG's administration and financial operations needs and analyzing problems to scope and recommend possible digital solutions / improved processes to address the needs of the division, ensuring timely processing of divisions requests and invoices, and ability to leverage on technology and operational excellence to deliver quality and customer centric administrative and finance operational services for GIG.
The candidate should be a driven individual capable of driving organizational excellence through management and execution of administrative and financial operational processes and possess the ability to navigate the ecosystem to deliver efficient and effective operational strategies and execution.
What you will be working on:
- Identify operational pain points and areas of improvement for GIG administrative and financial operations processes and propose and implement solutions to address gaps and pain points, resulting in operational excellence and resource optimization. This could include the conduct of service journey studies to develop and implement initiatives.
- Lead and oversee the GIG central administrative and finance operations teams to materialize the streamlined processes and operations to meet the requirements of the stakeholders and achieve high standards of service delivery.
- Analyse billing and invoice data to derive insights for GIG management / propose ways to optimize invoice allocation and approvals process for GIG.
- Address issue escalations through resolutions and put in place effective solutions to address root cause identified
- Constantly seek out and harness technology and automation to deliver solutions to enhance user experience
- Establish and contextualise operational governance and processes in GIG to ensure compliance to corporate financial and administrative policies, which requires the appreciation of GovTech/ GIG functions and structure
- Conduct stakeholder engagements within GIG, which involves assisting in the development and execution of communication and engagement plans (e.g. briefings, announcements etc.) to create awareness and ensure effective promulgation of streamlined processes and systems, including providing delivery and guidance where required.
- Part-take in application testing of ICT initiatives as a user to provide feedback on usability, and ability of system to meet needs of the team.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor in Business, Business Admin or related discipline. Those without a degree but with the relevant experience may also apply.
- Minimum 5 years experience in process review and improvements of operational functions.
- Able to deliver quality and thorough work, with eye for details.
- Experience leading a team of executives to achieve operational excellence and providing customer centric services
- Good understanding of Government procurement policies. Experience in Government environment will be preferred
- Team player & good interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of basic data analytics principles and application to derive the outcomes/ results against problem statements before operationalization
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it's important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
*Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours