Financial Performance Measurement
- Be part of the team to ensure the accuracy and timely relating to the month-end closing of the investment account. This involves performing various reconciliation and reasonableness analysis of the investment account.
- Be responsible of timely and accurate submission of various reporting (Group, statutory and regulatory – MAS122/105, RBC returns). For regulatory reporting, this involves performing variance analysis to ensure reasonableness of reported numbers
- Assist the team-leader to handle queries from various stakeholders (MAS, internal & external audit)
- Assist the team-leader to ensure compliance to group policies and regulatory policies. This involve creating and maintenance appropriate documentation and workings
- Liaise and work with fund managers and custodian banks for accounting and database requirements.
- Represent the team as an input stream in ad-hoc projects (e.g. RBC 2 implementation).
- Work directly with the business units to implement the fund transfer pricing attribution framework with the end objective of delivering a financial performance report to the management team on a regular basis.
- Engage the Asset-Liability Manager and Investment Manager to help them to understand their respective attributed performance and resolve any differences.
- Be involved in the annual business planning process to help set the target for the different managers in different business units.
- Strong Degree in Accountancy or Finance.
- 4 to 6 years of relevant experience preferably in Insurance industry. Candidates with investment accounting background or related fields will be preferred.
- Strong organizational skill to manage multi-tasking requirements of this function.
- Self-motivated, committed and possess initiative & strong drive to meet tight timeline.
- Good project management skills.