Preferred QualificationsLine of Business (LOB):
Cloud Engineering (Japan %26amp; Asia Pacific)Job Title:
Master Principal/Principal Architect %26ndash; Custom Applications, JAPAC CE CoEJob Summary
The JAPAC Cloud Engineering Center of Excellence (CE CoE) is a new regional organisation across Japan and Asia Pacific whose role is to accelerate consumption of Oracle Cloud Services by providing a world-class customer experience on the Oracle Cloud. Customers will have access to cutting edge and deep technical subject matter expertise and solutions. The CoE is organized by Technology Domains such as Infrastructure, Packaged Applications, Custom Applications, Data Management, Analytics and others, which will provide relevant subject matter expertise in engagements. The primary goal of these teams is to move customer workloads to production environments to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) for Strategic customer implementations and for the Pitch to Production (P2P) initiative.
We are looking for exceptional candidates for the Custom Applications Domain for the JAPAC CoE. Success is measured providing the field and customers with world class technical subject matter expertise and drive the following outcomes
Skills and ProfileTechnical
- Cloud consumption growth
- New cloud customer acquisition
- A high performance, innovative, agile and collaborative team
- Continuous improvement of time to value
- An Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) Subject Matter Expert with hands-on functional, technical design, architecture, implementation, testing and tuning expertise working on large and complex end-to-end application integration B2C and B2B solutions for customers
- Successful track record of modernizing applications using APIs and Microservices based architectures.
- Exposure to data integration trends evolving from traditional messaging and routing middleware e.g. RabbitMQ or EBSs) to a more lightweight approach around a data mesh.
- Should be well-versed with integration patterns, micro services, agile integration and SOA implementation
- Implementation experience integrating enterprise on-premise and SaaS applications such as Oracle EBS, Seibel, Peoplesoft, Salesforce, Workday, SAP, ServiceNow and others
- Experience in designing high performance cloud messaging systems based on products like Apache Kafka and Apache Pulsar or equivalents and using stream analytics products on top of such systems to provide support for real time decision making.
- Integration experience with both On-Premise architectures around BPM/SOA, Service Bus
- Expert in the Oracle Integration suite of On-Premise and Cloud services such as Oracle Integration Cloud, Oracle SOA/BPEL/BPM, Service Bus
- Exposure to 3rd party integration software such as TIBCO, Dell Boomi, MuleSoft, IBM Integration
- Well versed with integration related protocols, architectural styles and best practices around Security, Routing, Protocol Conversion, Messaging systems and lifecycle management
- Good understanding of BigData (especially Spark) and Event Processing architectures and practices
- Experience with JEE Middleware such as Weblogic, Websphere, JBoss
- Knowledge about various architectures and protocols such as MOM, XSLT, SOA, UDDI, EDA, REST, XML, FTP, WSDL, and SOAP
- Knowledge of Industry integration standards and specifications in Finance, Retail, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Telecom and Public Sector
- Hands on exposure to the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and/or any other cloud providers
- Discuss key trends and insights and leverage them in driving executive decision-making discussion with customers
- A passionate self-starter in developing new architectures to solve enterprise challenges. Research, test, and document new technologies
- Ability to translate customer requirements into a scope and implementation plan
%26sect; Understanding of commercial business to effectively position Oracle solutions and why they offer superior TCO vs competition
%26sect; Excellent communication and presentation skills and highly comfortable speaking across all levels of management and technical audiences
%26sect; Build strong relationships with HQ Engineering/Product Management teams to be a customer advocate with HQ Development on required enhancements or in support escalations
%26sect; Clearly able to understand and articulate the Oracle Go-To-Market strategy in JAPAC across the Oracle portfolio
Experience with Agile and SCRUM-based projects or working with rapid and iterative technical design/implementation projects
%26sect; Ability to multi-task and work with virtual teams across different engagements
%26sect; Tenacious with a passion for learning new and unfamiliar concepts
%26sect; Flexible to travel when required.
%26sect; Relevant local language skillsRoles and Responsibilities
%26sect; Deliver successful Customer Engagements leading to increased consumption
o Collaborate with the cloud architects in the field to define the scope and deliverables of the customer implementations and deliver them as part of a virtual team
o Support the cloud architect in describing the proposed workload migration to the customer thereby gaining their confidence.
o Ensure the work delivered is of the highest quality and to the deadlines committed.
o Leverage reference architectures and associated assets to automate as much of the migration as possible.
o Actively participate in the team meetings undertaking the migration using an Agile methodologies
o Transfer skills to customer, partner or other delivery organizations during the migration to ensure a seamless customer experience post the involvement of the CoE team
%26sect; Thought Leadership and Evangelism
o Continuously invest in deepening domain skills by taking relevant training courses
o Work closely with HQ Development to gain early competence in new domain solutions.
o Have a deep understanding of the competitors equivalent cloud offerings and OCI competitive differentiators
o Speak at industry events and seminars
%26sect; Cross-collaboration and Stakeholder Engagement
o Work closely and collaboratively as one team with other CoE Custom Applications team members, field cloud architects and other domains within the CoE.
o Contribute to the relevant Communities of Practice (CoP) to foster better collaboration between CoE and the Field
o Identify and develop team assets (white papers, blogs, slack support, reference architectures, and software migration components) to help other groups gain relevant experience in deploying their domain solutions on OCI.
%26sect; Governance %26amp; Reporting
o Complete all relevant certifications and other mandatory enablement
o Fully understand and leverage the systems in place to support customer workload migrations and other strategic engagements.
o Provide timely status updates and other reports as required.
- This role reports to the Domain Lead, Custom Applications, JAPAC Cloud Engineering Center of Excellence (CE CoE)
- This role is based in Singapore/India
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.