- Assist the Section Manager in ensuring that the jobs assigned to the Section are completed in a manner that is in accordance to the job and safety requirements.
- Study repair requirements as defined in the Specifications, inspect jobs at site and clarify requirements with the Project Manager or Ship Officers.
- Assist the Section Manager / Project Manager in preparing the Work Plan.
- Delegate jobs to supervisors and plan the manpower required for the jobs in accordance to the budgeted man-hours provided by the Project Managers. Resolve problems encountered by the Supervisors and manage the coordination between the different trades and Sections.
- Raise or approve Issue Passes for materials and equipment required for the jobs accordingly.
- Issue Foreman Chits to other relevant Sections / Shops. Prepare the necessary Sub-contractors Requisition forms and seek formal approval from the Section Manager/Assistant Section Manager.
- Monitor the work of sub-contractors to ensure that quality and workmanship conform to company standards.
- Track and report daily work progress to the Section Manager / Assistant Section Manager or the Project Manager.
- Ensure that all safety procedures and regulations are complied with, including the application of work permits and the periodic checks on housekeeping and safety equipment used in the Section / Shop or onboard ships.
- Feedback to the Section Manager/Assistant Section Manager on whether the Supervisors and workers have the appropriate skills to carry out the jobs.
- Inspect work done and obtain the Superintendent’s or Ship Officer’s / Engineer’s approval.
- Carry out the responsibility for safety and health as defined in the Safety and Health Manual.
- To participate and be involved in SIT (Safety Innovation Team) and CIT (Continuous Improvement Team) activities.
- Ensure that all legal requirements under the Singapore laws are complied with.
- Ensure that all standard operating procedures comply with specifications, safety and quality standards, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Any other assigned duties and responsibilities.JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Degree / Diploma in Naval Architecture / Civil / Marine and Offshore / Mechanical / Electrical Engineering, Certificate of Competency (Marine Engineer Officer) Class 1 (Motorship), or its equivalent.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience for diploma holders for Engineer position and 3 years of relevant experience for degree holders for Senior Engineer position.BUSINESS UNIT
Keppel Offshore & Marine
Keppel is a multi-business company with a global footprint in more than 20 countries, providing robust solutions for sustainable urbanisation, to meet the growing need for energy, infrastructure, clean environments, high quality homes and offices, and connectivity.Keppel aims to be a global company at the forefront of our chosen industries, shaping the future for the benefit of all our stakeholders Sustaining Growth, Empowering Lives and Nurturing Communities.With people as our core asset, Keppel actively seeks out bright and dynamic individuals to join our talent pool. We offer our employees opportunities to grow and shape their careers, across the geographies in which we operate.Be part of our Keppel family today.
Simple body text this will replace with orginal content