Job Description :
The candidate will be working with a group of developers on tasks related to mobile security libraries, which is being used by mobile teams in the different business lines. These SDKs are important to ensure that the security of the various industrial mobile applications has lower risks of being compromised. The candidate will have the opportunity to learn about the full industrial software lifecycle and learn about and apply the scrum (agile) methodology which is currently widely used in the software industry. This will be a good exposure to the mobile security domain on the different mobile platforms (i.e. iOS, Android and Windows) which is the upcoming industrial trend. The candidate will be working with experienced developers and will learn not only to be a programmer but will be able to learn proper engineering skills and software lifecycle and exposed to the various day-to-day challenges in the real software industry, which will be very valuable for future employment. It is important that the candidate is willing and open to learn new things, adaptable and open-minded to constant changes and new topics especially since the market needs is ever-changing.
A week in the life of a Mobile Engineer:
- You will participate in the design, implementation and validation of mobile device libraries and applications, including Android, iOS and Windows, utilizing agile development methodologies.
- You will develop mobile SDKs & libraries for mobile application development
- Close collaboration with other Gemalto development center from other countries expected.
- You will develop a methodology from prototyping to patent proposal.
- You will ensure that code meets both quality and security standards.
- You will assess security risks of mobile solutions by identifying assets, attackers and relevant mitigations.
- You will actively research new threats and vulnerabilities of mobile applications and the mobile payment industry as a whole to provide timely solutions and recommendation.
- You will need to support customer deployment and maintenance activity.
- Possess a Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- At least 3 years of Software Engineering experience, with some mobile technology development
- Possess excellent programming skills and strong iOS background with deep knowledge of iOS core foundations, keychain understanding, security architecture, cryptographic services, iOS low level knowledge is a must
- Possess experience with native development (C/C++) is a must as we are working on mobile security libraries so a large part of the coding will be in C
- Knowledge of Mobile Application Development on Android is a plus
- Strong interest in Mobile application ecosystems
- Possess experience in working with agile methodologies, continuous integration and build automation, unit/function/system testing experience such as Junit or GHUnit, cryptography and an ability to perform code review to assess threat scenarios is a plus
- Possess interest in Mobile Security domain and willingness to go deeper into that domain
- Fluent in English
- Team player who is independent, motivated, proactive, good problem solver, energetic and possess good analytical skills