WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- This position plays a key role in sustaining our primary areas of focus, that are of greatest relevance to our business and society; access to heath, employees, environmental sustainability, and ethics and values.
- Provides guidance and coaches highly skilled day staff and shift personnel to deliver excellent operational results in a highly regulated, fast-paced API production facility.
- Participate in new product introduction project as assigned and deliver the assigned priorities to achieve the desired business outcome.
- Assist the Senior Manager, Operations in all aspects of production activities and technical support in all aspects of equipment / facilities.
- Upholds safety and quality excellence when making operational decisions that optimize supply chain and financial targets.
- Other responsiblities include:
Supply & Cost
- Plan, schedule and coordinate maintenance activities with Maintenance team and IPT Planner. Coordinate management of activities that interfere with production in order to reduce downtime.
- Principal contact for all permits in the operations areas. Principally responsible for ensuring that all work is successfully completed.
- Serve as landlord for facility. Manage notification system for operations staff and maintenance team to correct deficiencies in housekeeping, maintenance, and facility-related procedures.
- Manage materials and supplies storage and logistics within facility.
- Generate plant modification proposals and track changes to completion.
- Lead/Participate in generation of cleaning batch sheets for product change-over and new equipment.
- Participate in cleaning development and cleaning validation activities
- Will be main point of contact with PTO in technology transfers for new product introductions into the plant.
- Explains difficult issues and works to build cross functional alignment around a complex situation
- Manage the Operations supply system, including coordination with Planner/Buyer and Maintenance Team, to ensure that material and supply inventories are maintained at appropriate inventory levels.
- Work closely with Planner/Buyer for sourcing and purchasing of plant consumables and accessories.
- Manage manufacturing aids, inclusive of supporting and generating necessary documentation
- Carry out training on new operations SOPs and on-the-job training for technicians, including cGMP, SOPs and safety procedures as needed.
- Works closely with the learning specialist to develop the training packages including the competency- based framework for any new or revised SOP.
- Participate in Proactive Process Analysis (PPA).
- Demonstrates ability to lead and resolve complex investigations associated with equipment, facilities, and people with minimal supervision
- Conduct periodic review of equipment qualification, SOPs, preventive maintenance activities and calibrations.
- Able to lead internal, external and corporate QA audits and follow-up on corrective actions and preventive actions.
- Generate SOP’s for plant operation in accordance with cGMP and conduct training.
- Demonstrates advance knowledge in technical writing for investigations and audit responses.
- Demonstrates and promotes a safe and injury free work culture and engages employees at all levels on SHE issues. Provides coaching to all teams from safety incidents learnings.
- Lead/ Participate in HAZOP Studies, FMEA, RCFA, Industrial Hygiene related activities
- Participate in internal, external and Corporate Safety and Environmental audits and follow-up on corrective actions and Preventive actions.
- Serve as expert in all aspect of production activities and technical support of all production equipment and facilities.
- Lead/participate in MPS related activities to instill continuous improvement mindset in the Operation team.
- Solves complex problem; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Participates in the recruiting and training of new Chemical Technicians.
- Leads personal career development with manager assistance through annual performance management, employee development plan and career mapping
- Carry out specific administrative tasks as instructed by the Senior Manager, Operations.
- Act as Grant of Authority (GOA) for Senior Manager, Operations
- Any other duties as and when assigned by the Manager.
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering or Diploma in Chemical Process Technology
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry including supervisory experience
- For non-Diploma holders, minimum 8 years of supervisory experience.
- Project management
- Thorough knowledge of applicable safety and GMP regulations
Who we are…
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.