Job Description :
As Environment Health and Safety Professional you will be responsible and accountable for the site Safety, Health and Environmental related programmes, to support and ensure all aspect of SEHS function is meeting the business objectives and expectations.
Engineers in this category are expected to be the subject expert in two or more EHS disciplines in EHS department, knowing the breadth and depth in all aspects so, as to ensure smooth operation and maintenance of systems, equipment and processes to minimize downtime and ensure compliance with EHS regulations, practices and expectations.
It is also the role of Principal Engineer drive Operational Execellence, embedding continuous improvement culture in the department, serve as master trainer, mentor and coach other engineers, delivery synergy between TS, EHS and VS, lead cross-functional team in resolving major issues and lead inter site GSK Global initiatives related to the core expertise of an EHS engineer.
This role is expected to do the following:
- Lead EHS risk assessment, hazard analysis, inspection and audit.
- Lead incident investigation to determine root cause.
- Conduct EHS training.
- Provide advices to the technical safety engineering aspects. Proposed engineering based solution proposals.
This will address risk right at the first time which in return would provide cost effective solution. This will also contribute to the effectivity of the EHS systems and would reduce incident rates.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Ensure site complies with all relevant aspect concerning safety, OH and environmental protection as prescribed by corporate EHS standards and local statutory requirements.
- Monitor changes in corporate EHS standards and local requirements concerning safety, occupational hygiene and environmental protection and ensure site procedures are reviewed and updated to comply with the new requirements.
- Enforce EHS requirements and procedures by all staffs and contractors working on site.
- Co-ordinate and follow up on matters arising from all EHS audits and inspections. Review the risk management and risk assessments for methodology and effectiveness of risk controls for high risk site activities.
- Exhibit a strong leadership which includes: Conduct regular audits of the EHS management and protection systems and inspection of the work environment. A ready deputy in the absence of the SEHS Manager. Expected to manage security operation at the site
- Collaborate with project managers on the technical solutions for proposed modification and risk controls.
Lead and/or participate as SME in global projects related to the EHS technical domain.
Support Global Engineering Standards (GES) and EHS/Engineering Alerts reviews with relevant department
Provide advice to user on the selection and procurement of EHS tools and equipment.
Collaborate with project managers on the technical solutions for proposed modification and risk controls
- Together with the appropriate departments, lead the investigation of any accidents and dangerous occurrences and provide recommendations to prevent their recurrence.
- Co-ordinate and assist SEHS Manager in the planning and implementation of EHS programs and audits preparations, to include: Serve as site SPOC and interface with internal and external stakeholders (including Global SME) for matters relating to EHS aspect and to keep up to date with EHS knowledge and industry best practices. Proactive and timely engagement of internal or external stakeholders, as necessary. Engage the necessary stakeholders to formulate and drive projects relating to EHS improvement initiatives. Apply good communication and project management skills. Report accident cases to the relevant departments.
- Drive operation excellence and continuous improvement program within and across departments to embed EHS Culture. Interface with relevant internal stakeholders on site to cascade important/critical relevant information and apply expertise/good problem skills to support the stakeholders for any required evaluations, action plans and problem solving and to Lead investigation relating to EHS issues
- Established a strong EHS Capability and Competency Development program through: Conduct EHS induction and trainings for staffs and contractors. Coach and develop others to be competent in their roles. Consistently upgrade Safety skills, new concepts / technologies and procedures. Support Learning team in establishing good and up-to-date training programs and measure of training effectiveness.
- Review risk assessments carried out by departments.
- Organize activities and campaigns to promote and enhance awareness of staffs and contractors on safety.
- Leads the SEHS committee’s inspection teams in regular site EHS inspections and follow-up on the finding of inspection reports.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Degree in Engineering, EHS or Science; Preferably with Master’s Degree
- Trained on PHIRA Studies, Hazard Area Equipment Management and Machinery Safety Assessment
- At least 5 years experience in supervisory capability.
- Good understanding of GSK Process Engineering.
- WSH Officer Accredited
- FSM Accredited
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Has a minimum of 2 competent and 1 developing levels on the following EHS Topics based on the standard competency frameworks:
- BioHazard Safety
- EHS Management Systems
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Industrial Hygiene with Ergonomics and Human Factors
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
Our goalis to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.