What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the extra mile to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEERTHE ROLE:
Product Engineering is a big word during New Product Implementation and encompasses areas such as product definition, yield engineering, performance characterization, customer quality and product reliability. The primary objective is to drive highest quality, lowest product cost within the targeted time-to-market schedule. As an entry level Product Development Engineer you will be expected to work on extensive data analytic work to influence Yield engineering and Device Characterization. You will collaborate with various Test owners to improve test yield or resolve yield issues and co-ordinate with Reliability Lab to conduct reliability burn-in qualification, so as to meet product implementation timeline for successful product launches.THE PERSON:
A candidate with a strong passion for data analyses and semiconductor manufacturing is the minimum requirement for this position. You should be familiar with modern microprocessor architecture, especially with the Ryzen product family. You must be driven, focused, and have a strong appetite for technical knowledge. You will also need to possess strong verbal and written communication skills which are essential when working with a global team. A proactive, outstanding teammate who focuses on teamwork, team building, and growing team success.
AMD's environment is fast paced, results oriented and built upon a legion of forward-thinking people with a passion for winning technology!KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pre-silicon: Test coverage Plan, Characterization planning and Qualification timeline alignment
- Characterize new silicon designs and process technologies,
- Drive yield and quality PPM goals: Identify test, yield, and quality improvement opportunities.
- Identify distribution opportunities to improve EGU of top speed OPNs.
- Cost reduction: Test time reduction or opportunities for partial test removal.
- <2 years of experience in semiconductor product development including internship.
- Experience with Data analysis tool such as JMP, Excel, Jupyter etc.
- Familiar with concepts surrounding wafer fabrication processes and acronyms.
- Proficient in software programming and scripting languages (C, C++, Java, Ruby, Python)
- Knowledgeable in statistical analysis
- Proficient in Windows, Unix, and Linux operating systems
- Knowledgeable in modern computer architecture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BS/MS Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or comparable disciplines
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV