- Join a market leader within Media & Entertainment
- Attractive salary which commensurates with experience, and other employee benefits
Our client is Asia’s leading media organisation, engaging minds and enriching lives across multiple languages and platforms. The company's core business is publishing of newspapers, magazines and books in both print and digital editions. It also owns other digital products, online classifieds, radio stations and outdoor media.
Based in Singapore, the Regional Correspondent will develop, report, write and produce news stories and features on a wide range of topics.
You will be responsible for :
- Creating trustworthy relationships with contacts and sources for use in future research.
- Assessing leads and pitching captivating story ideas to editors.
- Collecting and deciphering data and using findings to prepare clean, concise and factual articles.
- Keeping up to date with latest news developments and ensuring that you meet all deadlines.
- Interpreting briefs to produce original content.
- Reworking content based on feedback from stakeholders.
- Ensuring all copy is proof read and free of errors.
- Using research to establish the strategy for reaching out to the target audience.
- Keeping records off all notes, interviews, and audio files.
- You must demonstrate expertise on the social, economic and political trends in Singapore and South East Asia Asia and are abreast of current affairs in and around the region.
- You have at least 4 years experience, ideally within Journalism or News and excellent writing skills in English in order to be able to cover requirements in English markets.
- You are a good multitasker who can work within tight deadlines.
- You pay strong attention to detail and deliver work that is of a high standard
- You are a self-starter and demonstrate a high level of resilience
- You possess strong analytical skills and are comfortable dealing with numerical data
- You are willing to undertake 0-30% travel.