The Role Responsibilities
- The Purpose of the workplace is evolving and SCB is committed to identifying how the workplace experience enables SCB Staff as individuals to excel. In pursuit of this data driven, human-centric approach to optimise space and improving the workplace experience.
- SCB&rsquos Workplace function is responsible for developing and driving the delivery of workplace outcomes across Property with key Property stakeholders such as asset management, Health Safety & Security and the Country Property teams.
- Key to the success of this role is to operate as a leader of the regional workplace team to drive the Property strategy. In addition, work closely with Workplace Experience, Workplace Effectiveness, Project & Design Management Heads to develop complimentary and transformative workplace effectiveness products and programmes.
- Fundamental is a strong understanding of core concepts and strategy in Workplace and Corporate Real Estate.
- A key component of the role will be market engagement and landscape surveying to maintain awareness of Workplace trends and innovations.
Core Responsibilities:Leadership of Strategic Partners:
Workplace Product Deployment:
- Provide leadership to the supply partner&rsquos workplace team to deliver strategic priorities, consistent outcomes and design in year / long term metrics.
- Lead a sustainable and efficient workplace operating model in region with clear processes, procedures, roles and responsibilities
- Identify opportunities to improve the regional workplace model driving continual improvement, best practice, and education efforts aligned with the workplace vision.
- Contribute to country Property strategies and outcomes through our supply partners with clear expectations and accountabilities agreed and delivered on.
- Work with SMEs to continuously look for opportunities to drive partnership and panel supplier performance.
- Work closely with Workplace SMEs, Proptech team and Partnership Leads to deploy existing and new products to further enhance the regional Property portfolio. Making it easier for delivery teams to be productive.
- Engage with senior stakeholders to embed foundational workplace products improving the overall performance of the workplace team.
- Work with and leverage partner teams/industry experts to systematize continuous improvement of the workplace team and its target outcomes.
- Lead the partnership to identify opportunities which drive experience and space optimisation opportunities.
- Collaborate with Property D&A team to advise product owners on regional data priorities that Country teams, and Management use support outcomes.
- Provide leadership and guidance to partnership WP effectiveness resources to provide an integrated and consistent approach to workplace data and delivering value-added workplace intelligence and insights (including but not limited to, occupancy tracking, headcount, workplace utilisation, workplace experience) to support planning and decision-making.
Project & Design Management:
- Leading partnership Regional Workplace Experience teams to drive WX strategies, influencing key Property and business stakeholders to ensure optimal workplace solutions are implemented and embedded.
- Work with global WX SME to lead ideation and innovation through external networking and sources. Transfer those to the strategic Workplace Experience agenda to support the continual improvement, best practice, innovation and education efforts aligned with the workplace vision.
- Formal responsibility for driving Workplace Experience model and strategic agenda with global supply partnership stakeholders.
- Stakeholder management and influencing responsibilities associated with Workplace Experience network/stakeholders within the Bank and with Supply Partners.
- Understand issues impacting Workplace Experience performance in all our markets and work with Regional and Country teams as appropriate to ensure they are aware of these issues and the best way to maximise Workplace Experience performance
- Responsibility for driving performance of the Property PMO, project delivery / design model and strategic agenda with global supply partnership stakeholders.
- Understand issues impacting PMO and Design performance in all our markets and work with Regional and Country teams as appropriate to ensure they are aware of these issues and the best way to maximise PMO and Design performance
- Provide assurance data, coordinate risk reporting and process governance updates
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Facilitate in region partner ideation, product development and transformation workshops using LUMA and Agile methodologies
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Workplace Effectiveness team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Regional Head of Property (matrix manager)
- Partnership Account lead
- Partnership WP Leadership
- Internal Decision makers (Country CFOs, Country CEOs, Business leaders) where necessary and guided by the Regional Head of Property.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Preferably a bachelor&rsquos degree in Real Estate, Facilities Management, Data & Analysis&rsquos or other workplace effectiveness discipline
- 10+ Year's of Experience and Knowledge of facilities / real estate market as well as keen understanding of customer service principles
- Strong understanding of Business Intelligence concepts, data visualization tools (Tableau & Microstrategy), analytics, and data warehousing technologies (Hadoop)
- Exceptional leadership capabilities and experience management large multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong understanding of fundamental Corporate Real Estate knowledge domains
- Experienced in developing and refining operating models and strategic initiatives
- Experienced with prioritisation of activities, executing strategy and delivering impactful outcomes
- Strong experience in change management (developing, executing, and governing the strategies) across Global initiatives within a Corporate Real Estate function
- Strong understanding of the workplace team function including the workplace experience, project management design and energy, engineering and environment workstreams.
- Effective influencing and communicating skills
- Experience in education and partner organisation management
- Expert in governance and relationship management of workplace supply partners
- Excellent people skills (working with multi-geography/disciplinary teams), communication, team building, and partnering techniques
- Role modelling the attributes of our strategic partnerships, code of conduct, brand promise, and Bank values
- Detailed knowledge of the Group policies, processes and standards
About Standard Chartered
- Communications - written
- Communication - verbal
- Communication - visual
- Negotiation and persuasion
- Corporate Real estate
- Workplace effectiveness
- Workplace project management
- Change Management in property
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along withminimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website