Our client, proven leader in the aboveground storage tank construction market, is looking for their SEA ABOVE-GROUND STORAGE TANK-Business Development Manager, based in Singapore.
The South East Asia Business Development Manager is responsible for achieving revenue and direct gross profit margin goals within the assigned territory as well as increasing sales and market share above ground storage tank products. This role requires direct sales, developing new clients, securing end user approvals for its products, increasing sales within existing accounts, and managing indirect sales through regional resellers to deliver specific sales quotas. Responsibilities are executed within a specific geographic region ; Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam :
Based in Singapore and reporting directly to the International Senior Business Development Manager, your individual's tasks and responsibilities will be as follows :
These tasks are not limitative.
- Achieve fiscal year sales and direct gross profit margin goals for the South East Asia region through direct sales to end users, EPCs, contractors, and indirect sales through select resellers.
- Develop and obtain end user approval for its products among refineries, product terminals, and petrochemical plants in the region. Maintain up to date knowledge of end user and EPC product specifications and market conditions to ensure its products remain competitive in the region.
- Develop direct working relationships with key end users, EPCs, contractors and select resellers to enable successful customer relationships and market penetration.
- Develop region specific market knowledge and work with management to develop and execute business development plans for the region that focuses on end users, as well as indirect sales through regional resellers.
- Implement a biweekly sales and travel plan to ensure a viable and successful sales funnel for achievement of fiscal year sale targets.
- Maintain and regularly update regional sales prospects, opportunities, bids, account data and key opportunity activities in the company CRM system.
- Provide up to date monthly sales forecasts for division financial reporting requirements.
- Travel within the SEA region (85-90%) as necessary to develop and close sales opportunities, maintain end user relationships, support critical projects and regional resellers.
- Obtain technical, project schedule and specification data to enable timely and accurate quotations, including work site assessments or job walks.
- Work closely with the international inside sales organization for timely supply of data for quotations. Assist with customers as needed for completion of product design approvals.
- Attend and support participation in regional industry trade conferences for sales opportunity development, key account relationships, obtaining market and competitive knowledge.
- Comply with company ethics and business regulation policies, including but not limited to US FCPA and UK Briberies Act.
- Maintain and submit expense reports in an accurate, correctly documented, and timely manner each month or more frequently if required.
- Work with customers to ensure timely payments of invoices. Maintain awareness of customer payment schedules and communicate with customers to manage regional Accounts Receivables of 60 days or less.
The right candidate for this roles comes with the following qualifications and attributes :
- Ideally of Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing Engineering or related area experience, you have at least 8 years of working experience in sales, marketing or Business development in the construction industry preferred.
- Highly motivated and ready to work in a challenging environment, you will get part of an entrepreneurial project. Implication and results are the keys of your success within the group.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing Engineering or related area, or equivalent job-related experience / knowledge.
- Five plus years of sales, marketing, or business development experience; previous experience in the construction industry preferred and Aboveground Storage Tank in the SEA Region.
- Advanced interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including the ability to make cold calls, negotiate with clients, work with customers, and speak publicly.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical information, financial reports and legal documents; fundamental mathematical skills, including use of geometry, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions in practical situations.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, internet search capabilities, and exposure to databases and contact management software experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to work independently with little direction.
- Proficiency in the Chinese language : speaking, reading and writing to deal with the local market
- Possess a valid passport, driver's license, and can travel by automobile and plane.
The incumbent is expected to join the company, as soon as possible.