The people in Senior Java Developer position is responsible for:
- Defines, designs and implements programs integrating multiple software systems, modules and technologies.
- Provides technical leadership to a team of mid-level and entry-level developers.
- Develops software that is object oriented and conforms to program standards to ensure reusability and repeatability.
- Works with version management system to control the release of changes
- Works with bug tracking to resolve moderately complex issues and ensures that all bugs along with solutions are documented.
- Works closely with design team offering input and works closely with customers to ensure solutions will meet requirements.
- Communicates effectively in oral and written form
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the field of software development
- 3 to 10 years’ experience in software development.
- Solid Object-Oriented Design/Object Oriented Programming (OOD/OOP) foundation
- Experience with Java EE, Object Relational Mapping (ORM) Frameworks, Java Server Pages (JSP), Enterprise Java Beans (EJBs), Java Data Base Connectivity (JDBC), and Java Message Service (JMS).
- Experience with Struts, Spring and/or Hibernate Frameworks.
- Experience with RESTful programming.
- Experience with Java Batch applications.
- Experience with XML processing such as XSD, XSL, XSLT, XPath, etc
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles
- Database experience such as Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, SQL (and JDBC)
- Web Service Technology and Security, Web Service Definition Language (WSDL), Web Services-Interoperability (WS-I), Message Transmission Optimization Mechanism (MTOM), SOAP with Attachments (SwA) is a plus
- Applying web development design patterns
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of development methodologies, technologies and standards
- Experience in the full life cycle of next generation IT applications, including secure coding practices
- Able to identify and recommend best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with other teams