• Responsible to ensure all the applications systems remain in good working order.
• To support new application systems when they become operational.
• Respond to production emergencies in a timely manner based on client’s Service Levels. This includes bringing up the server (in a crash) or system processes, fixing problems or finding workarounds.
• Diligently perform routine checks and to escalate to the client’s Project Manager any anomaly detected.
• Show the initiative to alert and conduct troubleshooting together with other system engineers, database administrator (DBA) and outsourced vendors.
• Committed to meet the Service Level Agreement (SLA) timelines.
• Follow through every issue / problem till closure; and complete the necessary documentation as required.
• Assist users and answer queries regarding the supported operational systems.
• Interact with the helpdesk agents, end-users and external vendors during application support and problem resolution.
• Expected to be on standby support on weekends / public holidays. In the event of scheduled downtime or during a crash, you will be required to be in office during off-office-hours to support the systems.
• Besides application support, you will also be expected to make some code changes/ enhancements that arise from service requests.
• Shall follow the client technical standards and update the necessary documentation.
• Report to the client's Project Manager the tracking and management of the project timelines and resources that he/she has been assigned to undertake.
• Be prepared to understudy and undertake the development of new applications and maintenance of any existing systems in client as assigned by the Project Manager.
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• He / She shall also work effectively as a team member among the system support and application development teams.
• The Candidate shall possess at least a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (IT), Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
• At least FIVE (5) years’ of work experience in the following:
o IT development, with exposure to end-to-end software development lifecycle (SDLC - system analysis and design; full stack development and testing; and operational support and maintenance).
o system analysis and design; and be proficient in designing, developing and maintaining web applications.
o development experience in using the Microsoft .Net framework (ASP.NET), .NET Core framework, MVC and be proficient in C#.NET.
o work experience with one or more of the following relational databases (MySQL, MS-SQL) and be proficient in writing optimized SQL queries/stored procedures.
• At least THREE (3) years of experience in the following:
o developing applications using Bootstrap front-end web framework.
o developing SOAP and REST Web Services in C# .NET.
o experience in developing applications using SOAP and/or REST based web services and APIs.
o experience in working on single sign-on solutions such as Central Authentication Service.
• Experience in integrating applications using Singpass and MyInfo.
• Experience in analytical tools, preferably Splunk.
• Have a good communication skills and be able to interact with project teams, end-users to gather user requirements, communicate the proposed solution, conduct user acceptance testing, end-user training, and trouble resolution with helpdesk agents and external vendors.