As Singapore’s leading supermarket retail player and a household name close to all, we have grown with you over the years. It is now your turn to grow an exciting new career and fulfil your aspirations with us. Join us as we embark on a journey to make lives better for our customers, community, environment and employees.
At NTUC FairPrice, we offer you more than just a job. We are committed in giving our employees a rewarding career through comprehensive development opportunities. We promise a wonderful workplace culture with ample opportunities for growth at different levels of your career. Every of our 10,000 employees across Singapore is important.
If the prospect of working in an organization at the forefront of retail technology and innovation excites you, look no further.
Grow your career with us today and make a difference.
This is a unique opportunity to be a founding member of an exciting ‘startup’ within Fairprice organization. We're looking for someone who has that mix of operational prowess to get great work done, the negotiation and collaboration skills needed to bring out the best from our food courts, hawker centers tenants, restaurant partners. You will have the strategic, innovative and creative thinking that's required to develop outside the box solutions, and the emotional intelligence and humility required to lead a fast-paced business and inspire a team. This person will anticipate how decisions are made from our food sellers, persistently explore and uncover the needs of our tenants and understand how we can grow their business. You are comfortable in an environment requiring flexibility and initiative, love solving problems, are able to thrive in a fast paced culture. Above all you should be passionate about the food space. Responsibilities
- Be a key member of leadership team in Singapore providing input into the strategic direction of the business and coaching and mentoring team members
- Evaluate and prioritize partnership opportunities, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Kopitiam Food Courts, Coffee Shops, and Hawker centers (FCH)
- Analyse current processes in place processes related to our cooperation with our FCH tenants and restaurants and constantly work to improve them.
- Process Scaling - we are a company that moves fast and does things at large scale. Help design processes, whether it be prospecting, onboarding, account management, training, etc. in such a way that they fuel growth.
- Product Improvement - Actively identify product features and enhancements that will improve our FCH tenants and restaurants experience on the platform
- Quality and Reliability Management - Ensure FCH tenants and restaurants and maintaining the highest level of food quality, service and reliability to the customers on the platform
- Onboarding - Help FCH tenants and restaurants get started on the platform.
- Collecting and Acting on Feedback - Create processes and tools to stay in close communication with FCH tenants and restaurants and incorporate feedback into process improvements on the ground.
- Partnering in Growth - Build relationships with FCH tenants and restaurants and other stakeholders to help them find value in partnering with DFS
- Food Experience - Identify and dig into problem areas to help to solve issues for our FCH tenants and restaurants and provide a differentiated experience on our platform
- Hustle - Take ownership of DFS growth and do what it takes to get the job done, delight our customers, FCH tenants and restaurants!
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in operations and product
- Set, track and report on performance metrics
- Act as a advocate internally for DFS
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in leadership roles managing across multiple departments and stakeholders, Startup, Strategy Consulting, or Operations Management
- Ability to manage high performing teams and stakeholders (both internal and external)
- A process guru with a demonstrated track record of leading initiatives and projects at your organization that drive positive impact for your business.
- A history of forming and executing complex operations, particularly in the food industry in Singapore
- Demonstrated track-record of operating effectively in different environments, ideally including high growth technology companies
- Passion for technology and interest in everything food.
- Conceptual and analytical horsepower.
- Analytical mindset.
- Proven ability to forge relationships with food partners in Singapore such as FCH stall owners and quick service restaurants
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to influence decision making without having formal authority.
- Undergraduate in Economics, Business, Engineering, or other quantitative focus area.
- Self starter, relationship oriented person with proven stakeholder management skills
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly changing work environment and adopt a generalist do-what-it-takes mindset.
- Excellent Excel skills (Experience with SQL and Salesforce or Pipedrive a plus)
- You accept and love feedback. From our restaurants and our food rating systems to our day-to-day work-style, DFS welcomes feedback on all fronts.