Success in this role will be demonstrated by your strong technical aptitude and ability to communicate in an effective and efficient manner.
What to Expect:
- Provides technical leadership in migrating to cloud and is responsible for establishing the direction for the IT architecture, standards, design and implementation approaches for the agency systems
- Demonstrate leadership in IT architecture management by producing strategic and innovative concept proposals, papers, and speaking at conferences
- Translate business requirements, including application resiliency requirements, into application architectural specifications
- Creates, evaluates and implements plans and design proposals for high impact IT solutions, involving leading edge technologies and methods considering key factors such as its long-term effectiveness, practicality, technical limitations and criticality
- Design the architecture blueprint of the organisation's business, information and ICT assets, by using multiple architectural models. Use, govern and enhance the architecture blueprint to ensure that the business and ICT are in alignment.
- Manage technical project delivery; perform code reviews and make recommendations of code changes; collaborate with vendor development staff to resolve technical challenges; help to analyze and determine performance tuning and scalability improvements of code and queries
- Provide architecture and technical support during production incidents
- Possesses broad and deep skills across disciplines, ability and interest in mentoring technical staff and raising our collective technical competencies.
- Graduate Degree in any discipline
- Minimum 7 years of design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications - must have a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience as a technical lead and system architect (i.e. system design, performance tuning, and system prototyping & maintenance)
- A solid software development background and multiple industry certifications
- Experience in designing and implementing .Net and/or J2EE applications with excellent data modelling and SQL skills.
- Solid understanding of Server-side, .Net and/or Java development, Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), API/web services and public web sites / digital services development
- Extensive experience in designing, developing and deploying large, scalable production applications on cloud/PaaS platforms and Containers, such as AWS, Azure, GCP and OpenShift
- Working knowledge of DevOps software development tools and methodologies
- Able to independently analyze and identify comprehensive solutions considering all functional implications while developing a workable solution
- Results and customer oriented
- Team player with strong organization and interpersonal skills
- Strong written, presentation and stakeholder management skills
- Cloud architect certifications in one or more of AWS, Azure and GCP platforms is preferred.