The candidate will be responsible for open API design and development to extend our Wealth Management Platform, working within an extensible loosely coupled services framework to drive innovation and enhance platform and related applications capabilities in this area.
- The candidate will also support the development teams in the design and build of highly responsive & robust micro services following best practices of API design & development.
- Besides technology, the candidate should also have an interest in picking up domain knowledge in Wealth Management, as proposed solutions should address a specified business problem.
- Strong requirements analysis and problem solving skills using a structured approach is a must, with an emphasis on flexibility and resiliency to fast moving changes.
- Whether the technology is used to solve existing business problem or utilising the technology for new business opportunities, the candidate is expected to ensure that the proposed solution fits into the existing BOS technology and application landscape and comply with existing security and IT standards. This may involve performing Proof of Concepts (POCs), working with third party vendors and/or internal staff to ensure that a proposed solution actually works.
- He/she should also be comfortable in demonstrating these experimental software solutions to external and internal stakeholders. The candidate will also actively assist in research-related initiatives that explore and push the boundaries of innovation of the bank’s platforms.
- A Bachelors or post-graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Sound background in enterprise software architecture
- Knowledge and experience in Swagger framework, SOA, Micro-services, HTML5,
- Web 2.0 etc
- Prior exposure to wealth management, asset management or portfolio management is a plus
- Reasonably familiar with information & network security in a banking environment
- Must have experience in:
- o Open source DevOps tools
- o Programming skills in Java and/or Python
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player, accustomed to working as part of a virtual team
- Good communications skills in both written and verbal English