About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.Job Scope
SABRE is Standard Chartered&rsquos Analytics Booking and Risk Engine and is the strategic risk and PnL platform for Financial Markets. The development team is a world class technology group in Standard Chartered bank to provide technical solutions to support the bank&rsquos Financial Markets business as well as support requirements from other projects with a wider scope such as regulatory books of work. We bring a deep understanding of the market, a scientific approach, and innovative technologies to bear on the challenges of profitable trading in the world's highly competitive environment. This is a rare opportunity to get into an organization working with smart, great technologists globally in financial markets domain. The culture in SABRE is open, intellectual, and fun. Learning opportunities are plentiful: organized classes and seminars freewheeling discussions intensive one-on-one mentorships. Career advancement is always waiting for those high-energized talents to pursue.
The successful candidate will play a leading role in the implementation of highly visible strategic programmes with the primary responsibilities around building components within the SABRE risk platform. Any developed solution must be scalable, robust and fault tolerant catering to the existing and future business needs in a timely manner. In addition the successful candidate will be expected to develop innovative solutions with a view to these being released quickly to gain feedback before advising on the full scale roll out.
The candidate will be a natural leader and mentor with a driven yet pragmatic, delivery focused mindset and a desire to deliver constant business value through the effective and innovative use of technology with a proven background in delivering high quality business critical software. The candidate will be expected to take ownership, responsibility and accountability for critical deliveries. In addition the successful candidate will have come from a mature and demonstrable agile background and be comfortable dealing with the resistance that comes with change.
The candidate will work closely with the other team members and senior stakeholders in order to design and implement critical strategic solutions whilst collaborating and engaging with Business Stakeholders to deliver to exacting requirements. The candidate is expected to work in a dynamic global team with business analysts, project managers, business stakeholders and other technical experts across multiple locations.The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Work closely with the Development Manager, Project Manager, and a team of developers to deliver Java components to internal business users
- Demonstrate a systematic and disciplined architectural, system design and programming approach
- Deeply passionate about best-practice software design principles, you will write robust code along with a high-level of test coverage
- Self-starter who can drive/facilitate requirements and development effort
- Design smart and scalable solutions following the bank standards
- Coordinate with other teams in Technology
- Develop, prepare and maintain system documentation, including program descriptions and operational procedures
- Act as the second line of support during production problems.
Qualification & SkillsDevelopment Tools and Methodologies
- 12+years hands on development with investment banking IT experience preferably working on full stack development
- 8+ years of working experience in frontend technologies or libraries (React)
- 6+years Java development experience working in a performance focused concurrent environment with a solid understanding of data structures and algorithms and their applications.
- Working knowledge on DevOps toolset such as ansible, docker, Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge in automated testing toolset such as jUnit, Mockito etc.
- Knowledge of Oracle/Postgres database
Other Preferred Skills
- Experience of TDD and BDD in a commercial environment
- Exposure to continuous build and deployment solutions such as Jenkins
- Able to work within an agile environment delivering software incrementally
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Strong analytical & problem solving and creative skills
- Good communication skills in both written and oral
- Ability to be organized and multi-task on different requirements across various stakeholders, and to work independently and under pressure
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness to work with a range of people from diverse background and geographies
Domain Knowledge (Non-essential but very beneficial for this role)
- Hands on development experience on Spring/Spring boot and Hibernate
- Knowledge of Haskell would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of financial instruments and derivatives, trading and risk management, market data, and market risk processes and methodologies
- Understanding of risk measures, risk analysis and reporting
- Knowledge of at least one specific asset class / line of financial instruments
Visit our careers website