- Handle tendering and settlement matters with regards to sub-contractors.
- Manage all processes relating to Subcontracting by performing the following tasks:-
- Source, maintain and register a list of qualified subcontractors.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders on the issuance of SCRs to initiate the sourcing of subcontractors. Manage tendering processes which include tasks such as the understanding the specifications, sourcing of subcontractors, soliciting of quotation, analyze the quotation, negotiate on prices, workout the best option and propose to tendering committee for approval of engagement.
- Monitor the performance of sub-contractors during the projects/works execution and upon completion of projects/works; evaluate subcontractors’ performance according to the requirements as defined in the Quality Policy.
- As and when necessary, to perform routine inspection onboard vessel prior to & during the tendering process, during/on completion of the job execution to have a better understanding on the awarded job.
- Assist Commercial in cost compilation for each particular project/vessel in order to have a more accurate costing for invoice settlement with vessel Owners.
- Data (tendering pricing) collection as feedback to fellow colleagues (such as estimating, SMEP & etc.) in order to keep up with the latest market rates.
- Liaise / assist Owners’ appointed subcontractors in the administrating of Direct Dealing Order (DDO).
- Act as project coordinator for subcontract management for long term projects.
- To lead the preparation of close-out report with the involvement of project team, commercial and also subcontractors’ involved in the particular projects.
- Filing of documents according to the filing system upon completion of each project / vessel.
- Manage settlement processes which include tasks such as the assessment of work done against the quotation, specification, tariff, pricelist & etc., negotiation and settle with subcontractors on final pricing upon the completion of jobs.
- To follow up with subcontractors for relevant credit note and ensure all paperwork is in proper and pass on to administrative staff to circulate for approval.
- Keep track and be guided by settlement KPIs for on-time settlement so to ensure subcontractors are ‘healthy’ financially.
- Data (settlement pricing) collection as feedback to fellow colleagues (such as estimating, SMEP & etc.) in order to keep up with the latest market rates.
Subcontractors Management & Enhancement Program (SMEP)
- Conceptualizing and drafting of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for all subcontracts involved activities for approval by management. Thereafter, conduct briefing to all parties that involved in execution, roll-out such SOP and ensure compliance.
- Keep track, update and compile latest pricing/rates for all subcontracting items for proposal/discussion with management. Depending on the management decision on the revision of pricing, conduct a mass tendering process to invite relevant subcontractors for tender-box bidding. Upon the closing of tender, compile the bidding price and propose the awarding for management approval.
- As an administrator for the comprehensive Subcontracts Banding System (SBS), i.e., to enhance the system with all importance parameters, thereafter to maintain, review and update to ensure SBS is the core system that governs all subcontractors working in the yard.
- Analyze and conduct cost study on each of the 5 major trades in term of competency and productivity indexes in order to have better understanding of the cost components and also profitability of each trade and each subcontractor.
- As coordinator and administrator for the bi-weekly Subcontracts Committee Meeting, i.e., organize/initiate the agenda for the meeting, preparation of meeting materials, taking minutes of the meeting, finalize the minutes of meeting & etc.
Admin and Policy Team
- Administer, liaise and conduct monthly routine audit checks on Resident Contractors (RCs) and sponsored foreign manpower as per SOPs to ensure full compliance to the Ministry of Manpower(MOM) Marine Sponsorship Scheme T&Cs (MSS T&Cs) as well as the Shipyard’s rules and regulations on foreign manpower. Ensure all audit and submission datelines for RCs as per SOPs are adhered to and followed up strictly.
- Initiate regular follow up meetings, briefings and engagement with Subcontractors bosses and workers on compliance to MOM MSS T&Cs as well as Shipyard’s rules and regulations. Where non-compliance are discovered, to immediately highlight and escalate to immediate superior and where required, to liaise with Yard Security to gather the workers for briefings in the yard.
- Administer, track and control the issuance of overhead pass, blue-pass and other entry and equipment/vehicle/store passes for approval.
- Plan and scheduling of audit program as per SOPs and coordination with team members to ensure all requirements and objectives of the audit functions are fully met.
- Administer and follow up on workers’ helpline cases to ensure proper handling of worker’s grievances as well as record and closure of all cases.
- Management of foreign manpower quota application and renewal process and facilitate the transfer of workers. Liaison with Keppel Credit Union and keep track of the entire recruitment process and timeline.
- Management and liaison on HSE matters and coordination with HSE department on reporting.
- Assist Subcontracting team in workshop audits and inspections as well as administration of inspection reports.
- Facilitate the approval for cross-deployment of manpower across KOM yards.
- Plan, schedule and conduct outside audits on specialist subcontractors at their workshops/premises to monitor, conduct salary/attendance checks, workers interviews and record.
- Keep track and monitor each trade’s manpower strength periodically. To do manpower forecast of each trade against the forthcoming workload and work with relevant section on beefing up of scaling down on the manpower accordingly.
- Feedback to management and also relevant department on the performance of subcontractors.
- Tracking of subcontractors’ attendance and working with operations/section on the counseling and ensure proper awarding of jobs.
- Guided by the performance indicators set for Subcontracts Department as defined in Keppel Shipyard Quality Policy and Objectives Matrix. Report PIs and results of preventive actions at Section Reviews to requirements defined in the Quality Policy.
- Ensure that all standard operating procedures comply with specifications, quality standards, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Any other assigned duties and responsibilities.JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Degree or Diploma in Naval Architecture / Civil / Marine and Offshore / Mechanical / Electrical / Chemical Engineering.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in a fast-paced, preferably MNC environment.BUSINESS UNIT
Keppel Offshore & Marine
Keppel is a multi-business company with a global footprint in more than 20 countries, providing robust solutions for sustainable urbanisation, to meet the growing need for energy, infrastructure, clean environments, high quality homes and offices, and connectivity.Keppel aims to be a global company at the forefront of our chosen industries, shaping the future for the benefit of all our stakeholders Sustaining Growth, Empowering Lives and Nurturing Communities.With people as our core asset, Keppel actively seeks out bright and dynamic individuals to join our talent pool. We offer our employees opportunities to grow and shape their careers, across the geographies in which we operate.Be part of our Keppel family today.