Technology Risk Manager (Data Analytics), Business Consulting
Business and technology are converging rapidly. With technology becoming the business of every company, understanding information technology (IT) risk is becoming more important. The ability to understand these risks and bridge the knowledge gap that often exists between business and IT is the core strength of EY teams. The work of EY professionals help decision-makers to attain confidence by understanding risk and embedding trust.
The Technology Risk teams work to help clients achieve sustainable growth by supporting their efforts to protect business performance, and by providing trusted communications on internal control and regulatory compliance to investors, management, regulators, customers and other stakeholders. We accomplish this by assessing technology risks that are introduced to businesses through:
- Understanding your strategies, initiatives, processes and issues around IT controls, cybersecurity attestation, cloud assurance, certification, contractual compliance or software asset management
- Providing services that help you navigate through the digital complexity to make confident and faster decisions
You will be responsible for managing multiple client engagement teams at an executive level within the practice and be instrumental in the success of project delivery. Engagements focus on the use of data to facilitate assessment and/or evaluation of business process and IT systems, and the mitigation of business risks. Engagements may be either assurance (attestation) and/or risk advisory in nature, and vary considerably in and complexity, across various industries. Your Key Responsibilities
As a team manager of the risk analytics team, you will be responsible for coordinating and managing the planning, execution and delivery of data analytics projects. You will lead the team members to support you in performing reviews and in the development of analytics test procedures and statistical models, and build algorithms to interrogate and analyse client's data to identify instances of process or control gaps, occurrences of unauthorised or non-compliant activities within the organization and cost optimization opportunities.
You will also be required to assist in business development activities such as thought leadership, go-to-market materials and business proposals. You will bring a level of data analytics knowledge to our clients and play an important role in communicating the solution in client meetings and workshops by providing high level understanding of data analytics in the risk domain and responding to client queries. Skills and Attributes for Success
To Qualify for the role you must have
- Ability to network and build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external clients
- Strong project management and leadership skills with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Thrive under pressure and handle ambiguous situations
- Good understanding of and with keen interest in process risk and controls concepts
Ideally, you'll also have
- At least a recognized university degree in Business/Accounting Analytics, Computer Science, Information Systems, or any other related discipline
- At least5 years of work experience, with at least 2 years as a project lead responsible for delivering analytics-related projects preferably in a consulting role.
- Good knowledge of data analytics modelling techniques and statistical analysis and proficient in data analysis tools such SPSS, R, Python or SQL
- Working experience with BI/visualisation tools such as MicroStrategy, SpotFire, Tableau, Qlik Sense
- Good communications skills and be able to explain analysis, both verbally and in writing, to others and translate analysis into a clear business opportunities or outcomes
- Proficiency in office processing software
What we look for
- Experience in ETL, cloud, agile, design thinking methodologies
We're interested in flexible professionals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritise shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. You'll also need the confidence to give professional advice and guidance to colleagues and clients from a diverse range of cultures, often with limited information - both verbally and in writing. If you're a fast learner, with strong influencing skills and a genuine passion for information system security, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer you:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Want to get to know us better
Become a fan on Facebook:
Follow us on Instagram:
Connect with us on LinkedIn:
Watch us on YouTube: Join us in building a better working world.Apply now.