The Role Responsibilities
We are seeking talented and motivated individuals for the role of Functional Test Engineers to work on existing in house project.The successful candidate will be a good functional automation tester having good domain knowledge and automation experience in Financial Markets specific to derivatives of any asset class. Having knowledge in working of structured derivatives will be a major plus. The candidate should also be proficient in the knowledge of Investment Banking operations of FO, MO, BO, Sales, Commodities, or Regulatory functions. Candidate will be an eager learner willing to learn new techniques and technologies and should be able to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
Candidate will perform software testing as a continuous end-to-end quality assurance function using quality processes, tools, and methodologies significantly improving control, accuracy and integrity of software solutions. Candidate will also provide support to Project Manager and Business Analysts during acceptance testing, including test script walkthroughs, document testing issues and test results, and answering questions on system functionality.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Work in collaboration with Project Managers, Business Analysts and Testing Team to understand requirements and agree on acceptance criterion. Plan, design and develop test script, take ownership of end to end testing delivery
- Test Planning & Analysis, solid understanding of Manual and Automated testing concepts
- Analysis test deliverable and document test scenario, test cases and test data for execution
- Detect, document and report bugs and errors encountered
- Ensure software solution meets business requirements
- Facilitate high quality software deliveries by applying business and functional knowledge including testing standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Document Test Strategy (functional and non-functional strategy), Closure reports and participate in project retrospection meetings.
- Manage senior stakeholder expectations, articulate project challenges and progress. Coordinate and monitor testing progression and prepare reports and communicate results and progress with projectstakeholders
- Good understanding of agile processes, participate in backlog grooming sessions and daily sprint meetings
- Support cross-functional teams in integration test efforts, support user acceptance testing and sign offs.
- Create and maintain high quality documentation
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
Preferred Domain Knowledge
- Experience managing testing deliverables & resources, design manual/automated test plans according to projects requirements
- Strong understanding of software quality best practices and processes. Experience with a broad range of testing practices
- Domain knowledge of front-office trading pricing and execution platforms for Derivatives products FX Options, Rates and Commodities
- Deep understanding of front-office trading functionality - trade lifecycle, trade booking models, trade pricing execution workflows, trade reporting and new product onboarding.
- Back-office and Middle-office experience will be a plus
- Extensive experience with test automation tools and frameworks Cucumber for Java, Selenium
Other Preferred Skills
- 8 years of professional experience in testing domain, preferably in banking/insurance sector
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Good understanding of build automation tools Maven 3, Gradle, experienced in setting up CICD pipelines in Jenkins
- Experience in Performance Testing tools
- Experience with various messaging middleware technologies Apache ActiveMQ, Apache Kafka, IBM MQ, TIBCO EMS
- Good understanding of distributed computing, exposure to Spark and Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience with log, metrics aggregation and analytics toolkits ELK stack
About Standard Chartered
- Knowledge of REST and SOAP based web services standards, messaging models. Strong understanding of and experience with JSON, XML, HTTP. Experienced in API testing.
- Strong proficiency in collaboration tools like Atlassian Confluence, JIRA and Microsoft Office suite.
- Programming experience in Java, experience in other programming languages will be good to have
- Hands-on experience in automation scripting will be highly regarded
- Strong experience in SQL, Unix scripting, Git
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along withminimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website