About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It%26#39;s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We%26#39;re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
The CPBB T%26amp;I Business Management and Transformation Office helps drive and execute the overall strategic transformation agenda, including Technology Excellence and New Ways of Working. The team also collaborates closely with other senior business and functional leaders in the bank to build and drive the bank-wide transformation.Key Responsibilities
Regulatory %26amp; Business Conduct
- Technology Excellence Lead: Define strategy, approach and execution to optimize technology costs for Consumer, Private and Business Banking T%26amp;I organization across run and change
- Identify opportunities to streamline existing operating model and develop opportunities for standardisation and efficiency across the teams
- VCO Office: Drive the value capture office agenda %26ndash; taking the lead to identify and drive initiatives designed to improve cost efficiency
- Financial Management: Work closely with T%26amp;I Finance and business finance team to manage global RPBWM T%26amp;I Run (TPS) costs and Change budget, including tracking day-to-day spend and compliance with cost governance policies.
- Scorecard Management: Own and manage monthly business efficiency and transformation dashboard for tracking and reporting metrics for CPBB T%26amp;I organization
- Transformation Management %26ndash; Lead the adoption of new Ways of Working agenda by defining the migration strategy and executing to move teams to a fully agile delivery model
- Communication Management: Deliver necessary communications agenda by leading coordination across business units undergoing transformation.
- Senior stakeholder management: Seeks to understand, prioritise and unite multiple stakeholders across country and business/ groups to ensure alignment on strategic programs
- Procurement and vendor management: Effectively negotiates contracts with external vendors, maximising value for the Bank
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group%26rsquo;s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank%26rsquo;s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Group and Regional COOs across Consumer, Private and Business
- Senior Business Leaders
- T%26amp;I MTs
- Transformation MT members
- Support Functions %26ndash; HR, Finance, Supply Chain, Risk %26amp; Governance,
- Overall 10+ years of experience
- 5+ years of Program/Business Management experience
- Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills, to establish strong working relationships with senior leaders across business, technology, operations, and control functions
- Required prior experience in driving operational/business cost efficiency programs
- Experience of developing a rollout plan of workshops, kick-offs and communications activities across large Business units
- Define strategy, approach and execution to optimize technology costs for Consumer, Private and Business Banking T%26amp;I organization across run and change
- Identify opportunities to streamline existing operating model and develop opportunities for standardization and efficiency across the teams
- Proven track record of executing complex or innovative change efforts. Able to mobilise diverse, cross-functional teams, located in different countries and with matrixed reporting lines, to deliver against common objectives under tight deadlines with ability to manage multiple deadlines and effectively prioritise
- Excellent professional skills, including verbal, presentation and written communication skills; ability to simultaneously %26ldquo;see the big picture%26rdquo; and manage the details of implementation on a day-to-day basis
- Extensive change management experience including use of agility, innovation techniques, human centred design or other new ways of working, ideally gained in the financial industry
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.