- Work alongside & learn from best in class talent
- Excellent career development opportunities
Our client is a leading game development firm in Asia Pacific and is part of a global video game company. The Singapore branch has been here for more than a decade with a multicultural team of over 30 different nationalities.
The UI Programmer will develop UI-related functions as assigned by the Lead Programmer. You will design the interface or tools for the non-technical members to incorporate their work and ideas into the computer code.
Your responsibilities include:
- Developing UI functionalities within the game engine.
- Developing Flash/Action Script for real-time interactive interfaces.
- Organizing data sharing/transfer between UI system and game engine.
- Working closely with artists and game designers to ensure UI is done within the desired quality.
- Breaking down an assigned UI function into tasks and creating a plan and schedule.
- Completing UI functions based on the plan, requirements and schedule approved by management.
- Communicating the progress of your work to your peers, customers, and leads.
- Correcting defects discovered by QC or your customers in a timely fashion.
- Assisting Junior Programmers in fixing more difficult bugs.
- You have at least 2 years programming experience and possess knowledge of multiple programming languages such as C++, C#, Perl, Python, Java, Action Script, etc.
- You are also familiar with Adobe Flash CS3/CS4 and Action Script 2.0/3.0 and have experience working with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator etc.
- You are capable of analyzing and evaluating risks while proposing solutions.
- You are able to program and debug complex applications using object-oriented or procedural programming.
- You have knowledge of bug tracking, sprint planning, and wiki software.
- You have excellent presentation, organization, time management, and communication skills
- You can quickly adapt to changing situations and take on new challenges.
- You have strong organizational and analytical skills.
- You have passion for creating and playing games.