Risk Management Group works closely with our business partners to manage the bank’s risk exposure by balancing its objective to maximise returns against an acceptable risk profile. We partner with origination teams to provide financing, investments and hedging opportunities to our customers. To manage risk effectively and run a successful business, we invest significantly in our people and infrastructure.
The incumbent will work closely with units on the following:
- Monitor the effectiveness of operational risk management at business units and support units
- Provide advice, objective review and challenge to business units and support units to enable effective identification, assessment and management of operational risk in business-as-usual activities and in new initiatives e.g. new products, processes, etc
- Review operational risk metrics (risk events, RCSA, KRIs, etc) including the adequacy of responses and action plans
- Assess risk issues and profile of units, identify and alert senior/unit management of systemic issues/emerging trends across businesses
Key responsibilities in the risk culture programme are:
- Design risk culture programme which will include guidance and awareness activities and training materials, risk and control reviews, etc.
- Work with business units and other control functions such as Human Resources and Compliance to define target culture and develop roadmap for successful implementation of target culture
- Using data and insights to help manage risk culture across BU/SUs and locations e.g. develop digital tools/analytics to measure and monitor risk culture
- Perform monitoring and reporting to the Board
- Present analysis to management and key stakeholders
- University degree or equivalent, with major study in finance, business and/or technology
- 5 to 12 years of working experience in banks or financial institutions
- Risk and control experience in first, second or third line of defence and familiar with operational risk management concepts and tools
- Experience in HR roles and/or equipped with psychology background will be an advantage
- Positive attitude to change, constantly looking for better ways of doing things and challenging status quo
- Self-driven and able to balance creative and pragmatic approaches
- Strong presentation/facilitation skills
- Able to work with and influence stakeholders of different seniorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities with affinity to using data to solve problems
- A team player with ability to work professionally with team members and stakeholders from business units and support units
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.